Bush speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Whether you agree with what he said or not, tonight's speech by Bush was the best one he has ever given.

2. BSAM

BSAM

Mav.....

I disagree. I think Little George is extremely skilled in avoiding a direct answer. Seemed more like a George Bush commercial, rather than a good Q&A with the media.

edit: Of course, I'm referring to the full hour; not just his opening commercial.....err, uh.....I mean opening statement.

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, well obviously you never listened to any of Clinton, Bush Sr, or Reagan speeches. They all do the same thing. Tonight was not suppose to be a debate with the media. What he did tonight was show his conviction. Something I never saw Clinton do in 8 years. Like I said, you may not agree with him, but he really means what he says. He has a plan and come hell or high water, he is going to follow that plan. Come to think of it, reminds me of a good trader. Not that anybody on this website knows what that is. LOL. :D

4. damir00

damir00 Guest

he looked and acted like a bobble-head. until he got to questions part where he came across as a New and Improved dazed and confused bobblehead. even though questions were vetted ahead of time.

his conviction would be more appealing if he could project that he had the slightest notion he knew what it was he was convinced of. reminds me of an old Shriekback song...

Onwards hammerhead bright and dangerous
    Jumping running in the field and factory
    God save hammerheads keeping going
    We are sleek and special and we're sure of...

Something.

the overwhelming feeling i got from him was, frankly, one of petulance.

5. BSAM

BSAM

Who said anything about a "debate"?:cool:

6. damir00

damir00 Guest

nice to see you're still fixated on clinton, though.

:)

7. If that's the case, he is really boring at best...

8. I believe him. Thats what scares hell out me. :eek:

9. BSAM

BSAM

:D :D

Seriously though, I think Little George was at the top of his game, both politically and in his ability to deliver a speech and articulate his ideas and bring the country together, immediately after 9/11.

Generally, I think George would be great to play dominoes with, or go to a baseball game with, or maybe even to party with (although not nearly as much fun as Bill Clinton); but, as the president of the country, he just doesn't hack it, in my opinion.

10. bronks

bronks

This from my very non-political wife:

"I don't care what anybody says, I like him. He makes me feel secure. I get the feeling that there isn't anything he wouldn't do to protect his country and the citizens in it."

I couldn't come up with anything to counter that. Sometimes she says the darndest things.

#10     Apr 13, 2004