Bush Soars Up From 27% to 48%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader5287, Mar 16, 2006.

1. As opposed to bush's "single prayer" health insurance.
    Public financing of campaigns? Bad idea.
    Abolish campaigns entirely, a stack of flyers and a website doesnt cost that much.
    Provide airtime to political advertising (whoops, i meant campaigning) on a tax deductable, not pay-up front basis-networks actually performing a community service, that wont cost too much .
    Yes, thats still publicly funded technically, but provided a decent cap it will prevent the group with the most money winning as a matter of course.

Just an idea. Political campaigns are just obscene, and before anyone suggests the taxpayer shouldnt pay for someones reelection, remember, they already do, and have.

#11     Mar 16, 2006
  2. You know, watching rep's and dem's is like watching a harlem globetrotters game, where each team need eachother.
    It don't matter how loud you scream “pick up the ball” “for god sakes, just pick up the fucking ball”, those short white guys will just look at it and do nothing.

#12     Mar 16, 2006
  3. I dont recall any short white guys in the harlem globetrotters.........

#13     Mar 16, 2006
  4. 9 trillion. that should get us by till next year.

Senate Passes $2.8 Trillion 2007 Budget

The Senate on Thursday passed an election-year budget plan forsaking President Bush's tax cuts and Medicare curbs, hours after lifting the ceiling on the national debt to $9 trillion.

The spending blueprint, approved 51-49, little resembles Bush's proposal last month for the budget year that begins Oct. 1.

To the disappointment of budget hawks, the Senate's measure would break Bush's proposed caps on spending for programs such as education, low-income heating subsidies and health research.

Vice President Dick Cheney was on hand for a possible tie-breaking vote, but that proved unnecessary.

Senators earlier voted 52-48 to send Bush a measure that would allow the government to borrow an additional $781 billion and prevent a first-ever default on Treasury notes.

As a result, the government could pay for the war in Iraq without raising taxes or cutting popular domestic programs.

The House, meanwhile, overwhelmingly approved a $92 billion measure that would provide more money for the war in Iraq and hurricane relief for the Gulf Coast.

#14     Mar 16, 2006
  5. jem

jem

he is talking about their opponents. The ones that only beat the trotters once in history. Or at least that was the case the last time I heard.

They were paid to act stupid on some set plays, otherwise they could try to win.

#15     Mar 16, 2006
  6. Generally speaking they all suck.

Especially senior "wind bags" that have been in office for a decade or more.

Vote them OUT!

I can only hope that the next time America goes to the poll booths, that they are actually self-informed as to who they are voting for... And not just because the nominee belongs to that voter's political party of preference.

kt

#16     Mar 16, 2006
  7. Sorry, I just assumed everybody has seen a globetrotters game and would know which team the short white guys played for.
    Jem's reply to you set it straight.

#17     Mar 16, 2006