Bush Soars Up From 27% to 48%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader5287, Mar 16, 2006.

1. on single words Pew Poll Score as "Incompetent, Idiot and Liar"

And on "Good Christian and Honest" falls from 52% to 28%

Period May 03 - March 06

Chris Matthew's just blew him up on Hard Ball. Try spinning those #s. This guy is toast.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=271

2. <iframe src="http://costofwar.com/embed.html" width="600" noborder></iframe>

3. thats cool.

4. The choice of words in the poll bothers me some. I have some problems with "idiot". It doesn't say much to me that's helpful.
    I'd like to see something a little closer to the way I think more people these days see him -- "corrupt".

5. TGregg

TGregg

At this rate there's an outside chance the Democrats will not lose to Bush in `08.

:D

6. bush isn't corrupt. money does not motivate him. he is just incompetent.

7. I am quite sure the word "corrupt" was included in the poll, it just was not among the top three negative descriptions picked by poll participants and was not therefore included in the final result. And IMO that reflects the reality, corruption requires a certain level of intelligence and Bush is simply too much of an idiot to be corrupt. Unfortunately so are his supporters/voters.

8. :D

We have a bad leadership problem. The Dems have a whole constellation of problems not to mention their own kinder and gentler corruption. Here's what progressive liberal columnist Molly Ivins said on Dems recently and she's right too imo:

"As usual, the Democrats have forty good issues on their side and want to run on thirty-nine of them. Here are three they should stick to:

1) Iraq is making terrorism worse; it’s a breeding ground. We need to extricate ourselves as soon as possible. We are not helping the Iraqis by staying.

2) Full public financing of campaigns so as to drive the moneylenders from the halls of Washington.

3) Single-payer health insurance.

Every Democrat I talk to is appalled at the sheer gutlessness and spinelessness of the Democratic performance."

Maybe what Dems really ought to put forth -- or someone ought to put forth -- in 2008, is a reform ticket.

#10     Mar 16, 2006