Bush Silences Air America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 20, 2006.

1. reg

reg

Exactly the type of response one would expect from a certified idiot.

#21     Oct 23, 2006
  2. I didn't expect Air America to do well, for the same reason that we see mostly crap on network TV. Right wing radio dumbs down to the idiot audiences, constructs fallacious arguments that appeal to emotion over reason, etc. Left wing radio appeals to those who actually think, so given how stupid the public is, I didn't think it would fly any more than Masterpiece Theater would survive on ABC as a weekly series.

It is quite common to listen to Rush or Hannity, Savage etc. and liberals will call in. Liberals listen to the "other side" and enjoy hearing what the "other side" is saying and what positions they take. That is a part of liberalism, exposing onself to other points of view, even when you don't agree with them.

The right wingers on the other hand are so bloody klannish, they would never take the time to listen to a liberal talk show to get a different point of view...not when Rush will tell them what to think, and warn them not to listen to them there "liberals."

Right wing radio is mostly about hate, and bitching about things, generation of fear and all of that. The audience that wants to hate and hear about hate, so even when things don't go well for Bush and the repukeliklans, the right wing radio then practices hate of Bush's policy, etc. Lots of hatred of Bush policy on immigration and borders on hate talk radio, and we are starting to see a few begin hating Bush for his failures in Iraq...though the spin is generally that Clinton is to blame, etc.

The appeal of right wing radio is to the the base nature of the uneducated masses, you know, the type that think "reality" TV is actually real...

#22     Oct 23, 2006
  3. Excellent response from an inbred. :D

Again, that certification must be given out by your mama to anyone who is smarter than her kids.

#23     Oct 23, 2006
  4. Actually I think you have it exactly backwards. Conservative talk radio is entertaining and engaging because the hosts take on ideas and debate them intelligently. Ok, except for Hannity. Liberals are out of ideas, their idea of debate is to call anyone who questions their premises "hate-filled" and they seem unnaturally consumed with conspiracy theories.

#24     Oct 23, 2006
  5. Oh yeah, "Mega dittos Rush" is an example of taking on ideas and debating Rush intelligently.

#25     Oct 23, 2006
  6. I think you forgot your meds this AM :)

Seneca

#26     Oct 23, 2006
  7. Why is it acceptable for the media to broadcast this kind of stuff, but they censor other images, such as the 9/11 videos and graphic anti-abortion ads?

#27     Oct 24, 2006
  8. ultranet

ultranet

This is depressing. Whats happening in the country

#28     Oct 25, 2006
  9. Cesko

Cesko

LOL. Perfect response. RM what's your take on this?

#29     Oct 25, 2006