Bush signs new 'terrorist' law

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MajorUrsa, Oct 19, 2006.

1. 1. Even under normal, civilian circumstances, many arrests have to be released later on. Some of them only after having been trialed and found unguilty, some even after they were in prison for some time. What makes you think that this type of statistical errors do not happen with 'terrorists'? I would think that under these severe circumstances even more errors would be made. How many have been released from the camps? My statistics say that we're missing some here.

2. Modern war zones, especially those in Iraq and Afghanistan encompass a lot of civilian area. It would be expected that a lot of civilians are moving around too.

Anyway, I don't see why these guys shouldn't have a fair treatment and trial. It would give such a good example of what this war was all about and why fundamentalism is so backward. This whole law proves that Bush and his gang do not really understand what the constitution is about, and thus do not care about the great nation of the US of A.

Maybe after they're gone the damage can be undone, but it is unbelievable to me that a government can, in only 6 years, get a widely admired country that even had extra sympathy, even from it's enemies, have it so despised and hated as it is now. It takes a very determined administration to do so and a very clear agenda too. I fear that that agenda is still unknown to us.

Ursa..

#11     Oct 19, 2006