Bush refuses to answer questions about spying on Americans....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Name one liberal that has won a debate with Ann Coulter?

Got any liberals that make money commenting on politics.

Hmmmmmm.

Anybody on the level of Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, or Ann?

I don't know of any.

And Ann doesn't incite Hatred at all, I been watching her a long time.

She is just incredible at pointing out hipocracies in the Liberal Mind set.

I've got a dream debate team, in includes Ann Coulter, Mark Levin, and Rush Limbaugh.

You come up with a Liberal Debate Team that can beat them.

#111     Dec 21, 2005
  2. Bingo.

#112     Dec 21, 2005
  3. Debate? When has Ann Coulter ever been involved in a debate? Ann Coulter doesn't debate, my friend. Her views are not up for debate.
    sure, there are some out there
    Of course not. It's the nutbars who attract attention.
    We can tell you've been watching her a long time. You must have been watching her for so long that you forgot how to read, because I specifically said that what she does is not incitement of hatred in my books.

Just another proof that right wing idealogues spout their doctrine without actually bothering to respond specifically to what is being said by their opponents.
    The word you seem to be grasping for is "hypocrisies".

Well, at least we can agree on one thing. As you say, she is not credible.

PS - Isn't it brilliant how CNN is taking advantage of her?

#113     Dec 21, 2005
  4. Let me ask you, do you really watch CNN?

#114     Dec 21, 2005
  5. Usually watch CBC Newsworld for a quick news fix but if I want US news I'll turn CNN on. I don't have a lot of channels or I'd probably watch the BBC World Service. I saw Ann on CNN recently.

For entertainment I watch sports, not Fox News, but I do know some people who turn Fox on just for a laugh.

I thought it was an absolutely brilliant move on the part of the CNN producers to have her on their network, for obvious reasons. Works for her too because it raises her profile = higher Q rating = more money, which is why she says the comic-book things she does.

By the way, please edit your last post properly - you have attributed to me material which you evidently meant to put forward as your own views.

I know it's hard to figure all this stuff out, but try. If you are having problems reading the instructions for posting, Baron may be able to help you with a diagrammatic solution

That means pictures.

It makes sense that attention to detail isn't your strong suit if you buy into Ann's rantings. You'd probably do well in a mob.

#115     Dec 21, 2005
  6. Do you agree, then, that it is in the best interests of this country's national security to monitor the phone conversations and e-mails of those with known Al Qaeda links, as well as those people whose numbers/addresses are found on captured terrorists' phones and computers but whose affiliation with Al Qaeda is unknown?

If so, I suppose the issue between us is whether or not Bush had the authority to order monitoring of such conversations and e-mails without warrants. Agreed?

#116     Dec 22, 2005
  7. Show me one debate in which Ann Coulter engaged a "liberal" where there was a moderator both parties approved, there were rules of the debate that both parties approved of, a moderator who enforced the rules of the debate, where the was an agreed upon panel or independent judge to determine the winner of that debate.

You can't have a winner of a debate without agreed upon rules.

I have seen the screaming contests of Coulter engaging opponents on Fox and other shows where it is like a menagerie of wild screaming donkeys.

That is not a civilized debate process, it is a zoo for the entertainment of Fox News viewers.

Your argument that popularity or income stream is "winning the debate" underscores my point exactly.

You see the debate as a popularity contest or some non intellectual brawl.....I see it quite differently. Ann engages in personal attack non stop and the roman-like brutes in the Colosseum give her a thumbs up because she is in their opinion "kicking that liberal's ass" because they are not playing her slimy game.

Just one time, have your "dream team" debate a group of liberal intellectuals where the moderator is an expert in logical fallacy, and deducts points for such transgressions.

What you watch is not debate.....it is a gross example of how civility in America is dead......

#117     Dec 22, 2005
  8. Scumbag?

Testifying before a Senate committee last April, Gen. Michael V. Hayden, then head of the National Security Agency, emphasized how scrupulously the agency was protecting Americans from its electronic snooping.

"We are, I would offer, the most aggressive agency in the intelligence community when it comes to protecting U.S. privacy," General Hayden said. "We just have to be that way."

It was one of General Hayden's favorite themes in public speeches and interviews: the agency's mammoth eavesdropping network was directed at foreigners, not Americans. As a PowerPoint presentation posted on the agency's Web site puts it, for an American to be a target, "Court Order Required in the United States."

In fact, since 2002, authorized by a secret order from President Bush, the agency has intercepted the international phone calls and e-mail messages of hundreds, possibly thousands, of American citizens and others in the United States without obtaining court orders. The discrepancy between the public claims and the secret domestic eavesdropping disclosed last week have put the N.S.A., the nation's largest intelligence agency, and General Hayden, now principal deputy director of national intelligence, in an awkward position.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/politics/22nsa.html?pagewanted=print

#118     Dec 22, 2005
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

I have found over the years that it is a useless endeavor to have even a "small" discussion with the hypocrites on the right.

With the likes of Ann, Rush, The Press Sec, Fox News etc there is no two way dialog, they are right and you are a liberal and that is it. Whenever i start to listen to a person and he/she says they republican i can assure i know what is about to come out of their yap..........Dribble about religious moral values and how Liberals waste the money they take from the Gov by working the system and being a drain to big business by being Union members, etc.

What the right really wants is exactly what they accuse the progressives of wanting. The right wants workers to just be happy they have a job, just come to work clean, bright, happy etc. The right pays minimum wage after all. The right prefers to steal the workers livable wage so the CEO can make millions and millions to provide a job for a gardener and maybe a couple of maids...........:D

Taxes, taxes are a burden for rich people, surely if they did not have to pay any we all would be better off, RIGHT?...:p

The right wants to paint the so called Liberals as losers, that way they take advantage of simple people with low esteem of self that will latch onto the right to associate themselves with the so called winners.

Another reason why some latch onto the right is simply because they are disenfranchised themselves, they failed in school, failed to secure a decent union job, so now they hate unions. They failed in business because the taxes were to high and workers get paid to much money and want silly things like Healthcare for the kids and even are so greedy they want a pension. Businesses fail because workers fail to allow the owners to "ALSO" own the workers.

People latch onto the republican party because they failed to "WORK" the system themselves, they see the system as skewed towards the Blacks, the pepper bellies, the chinks, the disabled, etc. They say if the system does mot work for them then it is a bad system period, since the greedy right also think that way, the disenfranchised find a new flock to join. "Birds of a feather, Fly together". Rush, Hannady and that toothpick whinnying Ann chick, they are the recruiters for the right. plain and simple.

I could go on but you know where i am coming from. .........:D

The way the right works their garbage is called: Divide and conquer. it has been around forever.

Is it possible that what i am saying is in reality that the republican party is actually "THE" party of the losers? I would say so......

Elvis is to go shopping today. Toys for tots....:D:p :p

#119     Dec 22, 2005
  10. I don't think the right wing really wants a dialogue.

Seems to me that a monologue is their game.....

Rush, Hannity, Coulter, O'Reilly etc. love nothing more than being squarely and rightly positioned on their soapbox.

They have their right wing commandments, what more does anyone need?

It is not as if they ever come across as not having the blanket talking point answers and solutions to every single problem, nor do they express any possible doubt that their way may be wrong, etc. It amazes me how quickly and in step these people are whenever anything new hits the news-wire, as if they are all reading off the same copy.

I don't think they like two way streets at all.....

#120     Dec 22, 2005