Bush 'Problems were made a decade before he became president

Discussion in 'Economics' started by swtrader, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Actually, for once, he's got a point.

#21     Dec 2, 2008
  2. This is where we differ.

The origins of democracy had it's roots in homogeneous societies where people shared an upbringing but brought a difference of opinion to the table.

Today, I rather feel that democracy succeeds because there is no better replacement in sight.

George I believe is a man who personalises everything.
    "How does it impact on me" is the underlying basis of his rather limited life, despite his position.

This greatly restricts his options, most probably without his own realisation.
    Had he left home and traveled, particularily away from parental supervision he would have became his own man.
    Even today at 61 he displays all the classic hallmarks of a supervised man

regards
    f9

#22     Dec 2, 2008
  3. In a Democracy, you dont have a 700 billion bailout bill when 99 percent of the public is against it

#23     Dec 2, 2008
  4. f9 wrote....

The origins of democracy had it's roots in homogeneous societies where people shared an upbringing but brought a difference of opinion to the table.

Today, I rather feel that democracy succeeds because there is no better replacement in sight.

George I believe is a man who personalises everything.
    "How does it impact on me" is the underlying basis of his rather limited life, despite his position.

This greatly restricts his options, most probably without his own realisation.
    Had he left home and traveled, particularily away from parental supervision he would have became his own man.
    Even today at 61 he displays all the classic hallmarks of a supervised man

..............................................................................

Perfectly said.....

However....Both Cheney and Bush belong in jail....many times over.....

The two individuals will represent total failure....and a complete lack of justice.....

They gamed the system....period.....

Neither one of them have a clue as to whom they see in the mirror....

They represent the exacting reasons why the democracy by advertisement has become a joke....

It seemed as though a couple of C- fraternity brats were allowed to run the show for 8 years.....

Very very unfortunate for the REAL PEOPLE of the US......

#24     Dec 2, 2008
  5. Exactly.

But many years ago when societies were more homogeneous by their nature, their leaders would have acted on behave of the 80% who agreed.
    For better or worse I might add, but usually the worse was applied to peoples outside their merry little band.

regards
    f9

#25     Dec 2, 2008