Bush pisses off 9/11 victims trying to get re-elected...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Yeah, I guess we are well onto the Administration's Job Growth Estimates of 300,000 per month this year . . . The reality is that over the past 6 months, our economy has created only 363,000 jobs.

GET REAL.
    LIKE FATHER . . . LIKE SON.

:(

#51     Mar 5, 2004

2. I do have a problem with the alien amnesty....thats stupid....the 9-11 commission will accomplish nothing.....really....what do you think they are going to do or find? They didn't find who killed JFK !!!....regarding speanding, we were attacked and in war

#52     Mar 5, 2004
  3. Hey TM, why don't we let our DEMOCRACY decide whether or not the 911 Commission will come up with anything of value . . .

Besides, aren't you just a little bit curious as to what our National Security Advisor, Condoleeza Rice knew, and when? I know that I am.

This isn't some stupid Whitewater Investigation.
    It is an investigation as to what our intelligence agencies knew, and when.

#53     Mar 5, 2004
  4. Pabst

Pabst

The Democrats don't even hint that they'd reign in spending. They would only attempt to narrow the deficits by raising taxes. Hardly a solution. Besides the historically cynical Treasury market doesn't seem to be concerned with the level of borrowing. Bond cynics aren't yet scoffing at the idea of lending at yields under 5% on the thirty year. Nothing has changed my mind about the probable outcome in November. Neither the economy nor the war are issues that are at a crisis point with John Q. Public. The oddsmakers have it about right. Kerry's a 3-1 underdog.

#54     Mar 5, 2004
  5. I understand there is a campaign button in the WW2 museum from the FDR campaign in 1944 that says " I remember Pearl Harbor".

Boy it sure is wrong now though.

#55     Mar 5, 2004
  6. Pabst

Pabst

LOL. The FDR button should have said, "I instigated the need for Japanese agression and KNEW about the attack DAYS in ADVANCE!":)

#56     Mar 5, 2004
  7. Relax, I asked a friggin' question, I didn't insult your mother. The economy grew strongly in '03, so it is not a ridiculous assumption that fed tax revenues did as well.

Turns out however that you and Krugman were right. Total rev's are as follows:

2000 ...2,044
    all in billions.

from http://fms.treas.gov/fr/01frusg.html

#57     Mar 5, 2004
  8. Half the Dean supporters think Bush and the Saudi's cooked up 9/11, or maybe it was the Israeli's, whatever, he knew about it. That's why Condi Rice won't testify. She might accidentally spill the whole stinking mess.

#58     Mar 5, 2004
  9. Take out military spending, government spending, and the economy looks much more like the slug it is.

I am glad you can admit that Krugman was right.

He is right about more than just the numbers too.

#59     Mar 5, 2004
  10. Heaven forbid the image of Rice spilling the beans.

Wouldn't you hate to see Rice get steamed with the kind of questions they might ask?

I know the democrats on the committee would just love to cook up some fried Rice.

#60     Mar 5, 2004