Bush pisses off 9/11 victims trying to get re-elected...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Bush can bring up whatever he wants.

Democrats can attack him.

Republicans can whine about Democrats attacking Bush.

#41     Mar 5, 2004
  2. Can someone tell me why Bush's Budget leaves out any cost for our military occupation in IRAQ after September of this year?

#42     Mar 5, 2004

3. I'll tell you what....I'll research that answer if you can find my answers about what the Dems want to do....so far , all i hear is the sound of criquets regarding what the Dem. plan is:D

#43     Mar 5, 2004
  4. ART,

So you don't know if total rev's were down or not, right? This is beginning to sound like the liberals fantasy that Reagan tax cuts cost the governement money. In fact rev's exploded under Reagan.

I'll try to look it up later. Actaully I'm not trying to argue this point, it's just that Krugman said rev's were down and that didn't sound right to me.

#44     Mar 5, 2004
  5. You do see that corporate revenues were down from the link I posted, right?

You do know that less Americans are working today than in 2000, right?

You do know that we exported many high paying jobs to India, China, etc., right?

You do know that many Americans had to leave their jobs, took a pay cut, and are working in Iraq, right? (service men and women)

You do know we had a big strike in California that kept people from working for over 4 months, right?

You do know that there is less profit taking in stocks meaning less revenue on capital gains, right?

Just where in the hell do you think we would get revenue increases then?

Take this personally if you want, but I would trust Krugman's words that revenue is down over yours. He is an economist and his reputation is on the line with everything he writes.

Why on earth would you think he would lie about a government statistic?

Do you think he is looking for a job in the intelligence community?

http://www.cbpp.org/6-4-03tax.htm

#45     Mar 5, 2004
  6. I guess you must be very happy about $500 billion dollar budget deficits, giving amnesty to 12-13 million illegal aliens, no job growth, and "stonewalling" the 911 Commission.

Yeah, Bush is a really great leader.

GET REAL.

#46     Mar 5, 2004
  7. Krugman's article is form 10-20-03.....interesting how things have changed in 4 months....i wonder what the rev. figures would look like today...

#47     Mar 5, 2004
  8. Revs would look worse relative to spending.

Do the math, the budget deficit is growing.

#48     Mar 5, 2004

9. We were in a recession when Bush took over.....the market was tanking......yet despite the evEnts of 9-11, the economy in 3 years is moving in the right direction, there were tax cuts that I love, and we fought 2 wars and there is job growth....look at the propaganda going on.....Bush was right.....the cuts are working, yet even when record GDP is recorded they concentrate on negatives...You yourself said that we were losing jobs evey month......not true anymore is it? so instead everyone is saying it should grow faster......let's be realistic...how many jobs were lost becaUse of 9-11??? Wall street was closed for how long? the airline industry was destroyed.....yet here we are a couple years later and things are looking pretty damn good

#49     Mar 5, 2004
  10. And so I take it from your response that you have no problem with allowing Amnesty for 12-13 million illegal aliens, stonewalling the 911 Commission and allowing discretionary government spending at double-digit growth every year for the past 3 years, more than any year during the Clinton Administration?

#50     Mar 5, 2004