Bush pardons Libby, panders to the hard right...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Mayimbe

Mayimbe

sorry guys, im not an american..
    but i have a feeling that someday george w bush will be remembered..

there's something i dont understand about the american's.. how in the hell you can praise John F kennedy, the man who went to vietnam or FDR the man who went to the ww2 and hate Bush for irak???
    58,156 american casualties in vietnam,153,329 required hospitalization in that war, millions of vietnamist die in that war..for what?? comunism?? terrorism is a greater threat, right??

what about truman??? 2 nuclear bombs!!!

ww2 took 600k americans live for what??? just to be humilliates by europeans today???

at least irak have Oil,Gas and water, if that country succeed probably the rest of the region will change overtime.

this administration is a joke for a great nation, but clinton too was a bigger joke..and carter and johnson and nixon and kennedy etc..

Clinton gave pardon to marc rich, the biggest financial terrorist know to man.. did nothing against terrorisms, although he receive 8 terrorists attacks. 4 from bin laden.

there's one thing, each one of the countries that have been at war with america, today are succesfull societies. (even russia today have some success).. maybe, irak will be the next emirates some day.

from my personal point of view, power is made to be used, if you dont use it, then you dont deserver it..

in 2000 america was the 2 biggest oil producer in the world with about 9 million barrels of oil a day, today america produce only 5 million barrelos a day..
    in 2020, america will produce a s*hit..
    there's a BIG corralation between oil consumption and productivity in america..
    GM need 20 barril of oil to produce ONE car.

time will shut some mouths some day.

#41     Jul 3, 2007
  2. saxon

saxon

Try real hard to understand, ZZZ...your previous statement (below) makes relevant Clinton's actions as president.

You see, Bush is a REPUBLICAN.

But guess what?

Clinton was a DEMOCRAT.

Get it, now? sheesh.....

#42     Jul 3, 2007
  3. Interesting you say that. I was talking to a bloke who's "opinion" was that Bush put Cox into the SEC to "cover up" for Wall St., and in my particular world, stonewall any naked short selling improvements. The SEC JUNE 13 meeting is a sham, btw.

So I say to this guy, who is well informed, if you know what I mean, "this would really make the Bush the worst Prez in history, if this is true."

"He's already there." was the reply.

Top level Justice guys are disgusted. Again, I look at this from a market point of view. But if you don't know right from wrong here, you don't know it there. And Old Trader is dead right about Mark Rich. He is an associate of Dr. Dr. Herbert Batliner. I knew it when Clinton pardoned the guy. Clinton didn't?????

The Dems are right. We need to take back the country. But the solution doesn't include them anymore than those Bible thumpers on the other side.

#43     Jul 3, 2007
  4. Are you joking....Clinton pardoned 140 on his last day in office to avoid getting crushed by public opinion and the press. I really don't have a problem with presidential commutations but to think Clinton's intentions were somehow noble is just ignorant.

I seem to remember both Marc Rich and his partner Pincus Green receiving full pardons while living in exile to avoid facing U.S. charges. Of course they were in the OIL business, imagine that Clinton pardoning Oil Industry Executives, where are you moonbats on this one.

#44     Jul 3, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

#45     Jul 3, 2007
  6. "Corruput to the core."
    "This was an act of betrayal of the national security of the country."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11689369

Wilson Lambastes White House on Libby Case

Chip Somodevilla
    Retired CIA employee Valerie Plame Wilson and her husband, Ambassador Joe Wilson, announce a lawsuit against senior members of the Bush Administration.

Morning Edition, July 3, 2007 · President Bush's decision to commute I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby's prison sentence proves that "this administration is corrupt to the core," said Ambassador Joseph Wilson, the former diplomat whose wife was at the center of the CIA leak investigation that sparked the Libby case.

In denouncing the Bush administration, Wilson told NPR, "I would only hope that Americans now realize, with this subversion of our system of justice and the rule of law in this country, just exactly how corrupt they are."

After Wilson wrote skeptically about U.S. claims that Iraq was shopping for enriched uranium in Africa, his wife, Valerie Plame, was identified as a CIA analyst in a syndicated newspaper column. The charges against Libby grew out of an investigation into the leak of Plame's identity.

Libby, the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, was convicted in March of perjury and obstruction of justice. He was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison and fined $250,000.

"To his supporters who say [Libby] was a fall guy — that may well be," Wilson said. "But, a fall guy for who? That is the question that is still on the table."

Wilson told NPR that he is not surprised President Bush commuted Libby's prison sentence. Noting that President Bush does not give pardons or clemency lightly, Wilson suggested there may be a quid pro quo exchange for commuting Libby's sentence — and that it should be challenged.

"Congress ought to conduct an investigation of whether or not the president himself is a participant in the obstruction of justice," Wilson said, urging that it examine the text of Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald's interviews with President Bush and Vice President Cheney.

In 2002, Wilson traveled to Niger to investigate claims that Iraq had tried to purchase uranium yellowcake there. He found there was no truth to the story. Still, the Bush administration cited the yellowcake claim as evidence of Iraq's nuclear ambitions.

Wilson went public with his findings in 2003, undermining the administration's justification for the war in Iraq.

White House aides told reporters that Wilson's mission to Niger was the idea of his wife, who worked for the CIA.

Plame has said little throughout the investigation. Regarding Plame's reaction to President Bush's decision to commute Libby's sentence, Wilson said, "I think it's safe to say that she shares my views."

Wilson says President Bush has made himself an accessory to the obstruction of justice and has removed "all incentive for Mr. Libby to address directly and truthfully the whole question of the role of the president and vice president."

"This was an act of betrayal of the national security of the country," Wilson said, regarding the disclosure of his wife's identity. "It was a very serious crime, and Americans know the difference between right and wrong."

#47     Jul 3, 2007
  7. Perhaps you could clarify something for us all: when do you believe it is ever an "acceptable level of moral responsibility" to exercise the Presidential pardon? Use some specifics.

OldTrader

#48     Jul 3, 2007
  8. I agree...there is a "huge difference". Perhaps if you take the time to look down the list of the 140 people pardoned by Clinton on his last day in office, you'll see the difference.

OldTrader

#49     Jul 3, 2007
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Maybe I can clarify it for you. I think most everyone else gets it.

Hmmm.....Let's see......

Oh, I got one.....How 'bout when two Border Patrol agents shoot an illegal alien drug dealer and get sent to prison for protecting the border. Duh.....

Dude, you're spinning like a top. Be a man, admit you're out of line on this one.

This is nonsense. Let's talk about religion, politics, sex or trading. Choppy today, huh?

#50     Jul 3, 2007