Bush pardons Libby, panders to the hard right...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Bush commutes sentence for Libby
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

July 2, 2007, 5:52 PM EDT

President Bush commuted the sentence of former aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby Monday, sparing him from a 2 1/2-year prison term in the CIA leak case.

Bush left intact a $250,000 fine and two years probation for Libby, according to a senior White House official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision had not been announced.

Bush's move came hours after a federal appeals panel ruled Libby could not delay his prison term in the CIA leak case. That decision put the pressure on the president, who had been sidestepping calls by Libby's allies to pardon the former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney.

Libby was convicted in March of lying to authorities and obstructing the investigation into the 2003 leak of CIA operative's identity. He was the highest-ranking White House official ordered to prison since the Iran-Contra affair.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...3,0,3656692,print.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

2. it's damn shame.
    i would have love to see libby become lily in prison.

3. Another white collar republican walks without punishment...the klannish sure are loyal to their own.

4. Don't be too hard on o'l George, he "had" to make the deal.

5. ZZZzzzzzzz = inbred

6. Mvic

Mvic

Stupid move, he should have pardoned him. He is going to take huge heat anyway might as well take the heat for the pardon instead of just commuting the prison term.

7. Being true to my theme of "they all suck", remember Clinton pardoned Rich. And he is an enemy of every honest traders on this board.

Yup. They alllllllllllllll suck. But hey. Edwards is raking it in from the hedge funds, so he can get back to La. and solve poverty.

What they should do is go down the medians of I95 and get the homeless, and let them be Congressman and Senators. They couldn't possibly fuck it up anyworse, it would give them a warm place to sleep (I'm assuming there is still sack room in the Chambers), and get them off the welfare rolls.

Then, when "Barefoot Bob", the duly elected/appointed Representative steals 90 g's and puts it on ice, we can all say, "what did you expect? He's a bum!".

What, we say that now.

Never mind:D

8. Didn't take long for the red herring stuff to start.

Try real hard to understand, anything Clinton did or did not do has no bearing on whether or not what Bush did was correct...

I know it is difficult for the klannish to reason properly, but if you actually think about it, you will maybe understand your logical and reasoning flaws...

The attempt to minimize Bush's wrongs by contrast to Clinton's actions, is reminiscent of a 5 year old when caught doing something wrong...points at his older brother and says "Well, he got away with it."

9. As an American, I am proud of the freedoms I now have. I fear they will be eroded before I die. I am ashamed of my government and its policies.

#10     Jul 2, 2007