Bush on CNBC

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pavlov0032, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Well, good thing that Bush and those he appoints support "a strong dollar policy..." then.

#11     Mar 14, 2008
  2. "Oilmen?" You make the oil oligopoly almost sound...competitive.

As for the rest of your comment, the question is at whose expense? What happens to the average family when food and fuel prices rise in leaps and bounds? All of us here depend on price volatility, but let's not get too self-righteous, eh?

#12     Mar 14, 2008
  3. doreilly

doreilly

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/?last_story=/politics/war_room/2008/03/14/bush_afghanistan/

Participating in a videoconference Thursday in which he was told about continuing challenges in Afghanistan, Bush told the U.S. troops on the other end of the video link:

"I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed.

It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks."

#13     Mar 14, 2008
  4. How do you figure oil is anti-competitive? I realize you have a fraction of my trading experience but I can remember as recently as a decade ago when OPEC price targets were routinely violated by OPEC members. In fact it was Kuwait's pumping at cheap prices that led to the Saddam's 1990 invasion.

When wise ass 20 somethings were teeming in the Silicon Valley with million share stock options there was very little sympathy for farmers losing their land and the oil dependant Gulf Coast being in a depression. Now that the tables are turned I hear morons crying about the "average family." How about the AF rent less at Blockbuster? Or cancel a premium cable package.

Food. Too cheap. Energy. Too cheap. Insurance. Too cheap.

Housing. Over priced. Stocks. Over priced. Education. Over priced.

The markets will sort it out. They always have......

#14     Mar 14, 2008
  5. Oh, yes, the glamor of not having sufficient protective gear. And, when he returns with psychological issues stemming from the carnage he has seen and been exposed to, he can bask in the glory of being told that his issues are a pre-existing condition and therefore not eligible for assistance or remedy. How selfless Bush must have been years ago when he opted for the Coast Guard so that some other lucky soul could experience the glamor and romance of the front lines. The man just gives and gives...

#15     Mar 14, 2008
  6. If you don't think that Big Oil is engaged in oligopolistic price gouging, then we will simply have to agree to disagree and wonder what the hell the other guy is thinking.

As for the rest of your post, are you suggesting that the economy comprises only farmers, "oilmen" and "wise ass 20-somethings teeming in Silicon Valley with million share stock options"? Because I was actually thinking of the vast majority of people in between.

#16     Mar 14, 2008
  7. Pondracer

Pondracer Guest

The uncertainty as to whether or not we will come to grips with the fact that you can't write checks without money in the bank.

He and the current crew are just trying to keep it from going over the cliff before November. The only positive thing I can think of regarding the current situation is that at least it will keep him from doing something completely stupid with Iran.

Then again the Iranians are probably thinking the same thing, and bolting up the nuke prototypes as fast as they can.

I will continue to make money, but I feel sorry for the country. But we voted him in, and supported their policies, so if the result is crap -- you get what you play for.

#17     Mar 14, 2008
  8. bhairava

bhairava

Pondracer, thank you for for mentioning Iran.
    If the neocons attack Iran, it will devastate the U.S. economy and possibly its people, as well. Russia has recently installed very sophisticated anti-aircraft missile batteries throughout Iran--the US. Navy/Marines will suffer huge casualities in terms of F-18s
    and Navy surface craft lost. A war with Iraq will increase the debt.
    Russia has stated that it will go to any extent to prevent their disruption of oil imports from Iran. Also, there has been a hushed incident of two Russian fighter aircraft testing to the limit reaction time of the USS Kitty Hawk(which carries nuclear devices)--further investigation of the admiral's delay in reaction is supposedly awaited. (The Cold War is not over by any extent.)
    Because of recent amendments, in the event of war with Iran, Bush would remain President throughout the crisis.
    The price of oil would go up, and since the price of oil is inversely proprortional to the value of the dollar(historically), the dollar will continue to devalue.
    A war with Iran is not in the interest of the U.S. But why is it on the table?( Gulf War costs US $20 billion per month, BTW).

#18     Mar 14, 2008
  9. SteveD

SteveD

The "hushed incident" that was in all the papers/TV????

"Recent amendments" allow Bush to stay in office past term???

What planet are you from? Son, you really need to get in some sort of medical attention, for your own good.....

SteveD

#19     Mar 14, 2008
  10. Watching what is happening in the USA from Australia.

What stops me from feeling sorry for you all is the fact you all voted for the Republicans TWICE!!

Have you forgotten the last Bush so quickly?

It gives me great satisfaction watching it all go down the tubes there in the USA.

Good entertainment ....keep it up!

#20     Mar 15, 2008