Bush & Obama has turned us into a communist country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bond tr4der, Nov 13, 2008.

1. The TEETS are showing signs of plumping up nicely and about to do the free oozen on the tax payers.
    -suck-
    -suck-
    -suck-
    (burp!)

#21     Nov 14, 2008
  2. so few people here actually understrad how macro economics works

#22     Nov 14, 2008
  3. Yannis

Yannis

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this:

"Nigerian Prince Seeks TARP Loan; Will Pay Back Double

Washington, November 13 [Reuters]

In an email to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, a member of the Nigerian royalty has applied for a $100 billion "bridge" loan from the Troubled Asset Relief Program. Prince Charles Flagboola, who is a third-generation descendant of the 19th century Nigerian ruling family, informed Secretary Paulson that the estate of his great-grandfather, King Mike Flagboola, will be auctioned at Christie's in early 2009.

"I have told the most gracious Secretary Of The Treasury that I would happily return two hundred billion dollars to the United States in a mere three months for one hundred billion dollars today," Flagboola told Reuters this morning. "The only problem I face is that I am unable to get my hands on the considerable sum of cash from my great-grandfather's estate right at this very moment. But this is a mere technicality. My loss is your gain. The United States of America would be very wise to take advantage of this opportunity."

Paulson could not be reached for comment, although a senior Treasury spokesman said that the Prince's generous offer is considered a scam, and is thus quite likely to be accepted. "We're not going to change our protocols in mid-stream," the official said. "I mean, we're considering Ford. On what grounds can we turn this guy down?""

:) :) :)

#23     Nov 14, 2008