Bush Now Is Telling The Public That He Has Nothing To Do with High Oil Prices

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Its Bush's fault!!!!

Because Bush has put the US military on top of the Persion gulf
    The output of oil is a record high, and going higher.

The US miltary is now gurarenting the flows of oil through the Persion Gulf. This has lowered the risk in investing in 3rd world development. Exactly where the demand is coming from.

#21     Jun 19, 2008
  2. KiwiRoo

KiwiRoo

Just blame yourself for voting Bush into his second term running as the President. He was evil since the time he took the office - the rest of the world knew it. So go blame yourself Bush voters.:D

#22     Jun 19, 2008
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Under Bush 2 or 300 million Chinesse, 100 million other people have risin out of poverty through manufacturing.

Curse those people who now can afford to buy gas for their cars and factories.

Now we all pay $2 more a gallon.

Curse you evil Bush!

Why can't it be like before Bush when those 300 million people were living on mud.

#23     Jun 19, 2008
  4. The hell? Last time I checked, Bush was not the president of China, nor am I a citizen of China.

I highly doubt that Bush is directly responsible for such changes in China. Even if he were, I don't much care--helping out the citizens of another nation (which happens to be communist and totalitarian) isn't in his job description.

Commanding our military IS in his job description. Spending *our* money, putting *American* lives on the line is his concern.

#24     Jun 19, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

Funny... he doesn't seem "concerned" about either.

#25     Jun 19, 2008

6. Higher gas prices is the best thing to happen around here in a long time. The higher the price goes, the less traffic there is.

Cuts traffic on this dirt road that I live on to maybe 10% of what it was when gas was $1.50 or so.

Imagine cheap gas and living on a 1 mile stretch of a rough, gravel road that no one has any business being on. It's not a shortcut or anything. They can use a nice paved road to go north and south. Noisy cars racing back and forth, drunks running off the road into the ditch by my house (can you pull me out of the ditch? I'm a frickin drunk burning up cheap gas). All kinds of money for beer and cigs, you know, the basics.

#26     Jun 19, 2008
  7. #27     Jun 19, 2008
  8. I've been mumbling this under my breath for the last 6 years. Hoping I was wrong :(

While I never voted for GW, I can understand first term supporters. Doubling down is questionable in black jack. It's a poor choice for trading. It appears an equally poor political stratedgy.

It's totally ludricous for this administration to attempt to deny any connection between oil prices and their foreign policy failures in the middle east.

#28     Jun 21, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

World crude oil production at all time high!!

Crude oil demand at all time high!!

How did Bush manage to create an all time high in crude oil demand?

That is were Bush fuked up. This damm world economic growth.

Either Bush helped grow world demand for oil or he had nothing to do with price.

#29     Jun 21, 2008
  10. It's a conspiracy, Mercor.

Dare ain't no world growf. They mess with the numbas, they mess with air heads.

Bush is the most powaful Prez since Jimmy Karter to push oil prices.

Look at the inflation adjusted oil price chart and see what Jimmy did to oil. Oil shoots straight up as soon as Jimmy assumed control, took his profits, and not to look suspicious, he made the price start to drop before he left office.

http://inflationdata.com/Inflation/images/charts/Oil/Inflation_Adj_Oil_Prices_Chart.htm

#30     Jun 21, 2008