Bush news conferance. what a sad delusional out of touch man.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 12, 2009.

1. clacy

clacy

Firstly, people act like the entire fate of the US is determined by one man. There is a hell of a lot more to our political system then just the President.

Have you seen ANY improvement in your life since the Dems took over congress TWO years ago?

Secondly, that guy had a very tough hand to deal with. 911, War on Terror, and a bubble economy. As opposed to Bill Clinton, who had very little in the way of foreign or domestic problems to deal with.

He may or may not have chosen the wrong path in Iraq, but we won't likely know that outcome for years to come, so save the Iraq stuff.

As for the economy, let's face it. There is much more to that than the US President. Is it Bush's fault that Ford and GM were hemoraging money during the best of times?

Was it Bush's fault that the rating's agencies completely mispriced the mortgage derivitives?

Was it his fault that the average American is up to his eye's in CC debt or took out 125% to value loans on their house?

I realize that Bush didn't solve many of the problems that arose during his presidency and ha certainly appointed some pretty inept people (Paulson, Rumsfeld), but please don't act like he was alone in all this.

Our entire political system is corrupt and inept. Ask yourself if you really feel like Gore (certifiably insane) or Kerry (just as much of a dunce as Bush) would have been any better.

The only difference if either of those two would have won, would be we wouldn't be in Iraq, and I'm not yet convinced that that won't end up being the right move afterall.

I guess the other thing that would be different, is that much more of our tax dollars would be going toward the myth that is wind and solar energy.

#11     Jan 12, 2009
  2. it was news. he was live on tv when i posted. did you watch? the reporters asked him if he made any mistakes or would do anything different. he said no. he even defended his katrina performance as a good job.

#12     Jan 12, 2009
  3. The call the president the leader of the free world for a reason, but George never was a leader, was he?

And for the guy who posted a list of presidents that did worse than George. You gotta be kidding me.

And just so everyone knows, I'm no damn liberal. The people that should be most disgusted with George are republicans.

#13     Jan 12, 2009
  4. Because he really did do a good job. I'm serious. Bush was a good president for the economy and on foreign relations.

#14     Jan 12, 2009
  5. Thanks for posting the dumbest op/ed piece I've ever read in my life so that I can pass it on and let others share the laughter!!!

#15     Jan 12, 2009
  6. the airlines are bankrupt,the auto makers,the banks,many retail stores. 40% of homeowners are either under water or bankrupt the nation has lost 12 trillion in net worth,the market is down 50%, people have lost 50% of their retirement plans the national debt has trippled under bush. what exactly would be your criteria for a bad president?

#16     Jan 12, 2009
  7. Clinton handed GW 9/11, the mortgage meltdown, etc.. and speaking of meltdowns, can you imagine Clinton handling 9/11?? He would be trying to put together homeland security without allowing the FBI to talk to the CIA!! After Clinton, 9/11 and the financial meltdowns we still have a country!! Thank you GW Bush!!

#17     Jan 12, 2009
  8. Looking back at his Presidency, I believe that he actually remarked that he believed that his plan to privatize Social Security was his biggest failure, and that if he had to do it all over again, he wouldn't have gone the route that he did.

#18     Jan 12, 2009
  9. Blah, blah, blah.

There is NO escaping the fact that Bush blew a huge opportunity to take Iran out of the WMD capability arena when he chose to REJECT giving the Israeli's the support that they needed to take out Iran's main nuclear reactor at Nanatz. Instead, the Iraqi nuclear program during the Bush years has done nothing but ACCELERATE and advance!

Bush REJECTED the Israelis plea for U.S. made "bunker-busting" bombs and permission to use Iraqi airspace.

Looks like Georgie once again missed the boat, AND once again blamed his decision on poor U.S. Intelligence from a late 2007 NIE report.

You either take IRAN OUT, or you don't.
    Dumbya didn't.

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/38875

Fractal, you could use a good dose of reality my friend.

#19     Jan 12, 2009
  10. i thought he said it was a mistake in the timing of when he introduced that plan not that the plan was a mistake.

#20     Jan 12, 2009