Bush is Batman?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

How are you doing that math? LOL. I've been on here since 2002 and I bet I have posted less then 50 times the last 6 months. Yeah 17 hours a day. LOL. Good luck with your trading buddy. That's what Al Gore calls fuzzy math. LOL.

#21     Jul 27, 2008
  2. 50 times in the last month? Congrats.

That's a big improvement from whatever rate the other 6557 posts were made.

Good luck to you, as well, and check out 3G technology if you get a chance. We truly live in a tetherless world. You may be able to break free from that desktop and AOL dial up account yet.

#22     Jul 27, 2008
  3. Apparently, you have not seen it. Neither has Mr. Andrew Klavan.

Batman does not follow the Bush "end justifies the means"; he even refuses to kill the bad guys and he would NEVER kill civilians. This was explicitly pointed out throughout the film, every time he fought. He even stopped Dent when Dent was threatening that Joker accomplice in the back alley. Bush not only loves killing the bad guys, he has killed tens of thousands of civilians in the process. At the price of 4000 American young men and women who thought they were fighting for the security of the US. As it turned out (and as most of us were saying), their lives were given only to encourage more terrorists.

If Bush was fighting only the terrorists, if he was hellbent on doing it without killing ten times as many good guys, and if he actually managed to make the world a safer place, the analogy would have been more relevant. But then even I would have liked Bush.

No Mave, Batman is no more based on Bush than he is based on Bin Laden. Only thing they have in common is that they fight and are being hated for it.

#23     Jul 28, 2008
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Apparently, you have trouble with reading comprehension. Where exactly did I say Bush WAS Batman? Please post my quote. All I did was post a link to an article. Come on moonbat, try harder.

#24     Jul 28, 2008
  5. Apparently, you have your head stuck up your ass. Where exactly did I say that you said Bush WAS Batman? Please post my quote. The article suggests that Batman is, at some level, a praise to Bush, and you posted the article with the topic title "Bush is Batman?" suggesting something like Mr. Klavan. If you had seen the movie, you would have known how ridiculous a suggestion that is. So you probably have not seen the movie. Either that, or your IQ is below 40

#25     Jul 28, 2008
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You implied I agreed with the article. You are an excellent example of our shitty public school system.

#26     Jul 28, 2008
  7. No I didn't, I implied that you implied that the question "Bush is Batman?" is worth asking, which you did, and which it's not. You will know how utterly senseless that question is if you ever see and/or understand the movie.

#27     Jul 28, 2008
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I've not read ahead, so forgive me if this has already been pointed out. ByLoSellHi has averaged posting 6.56 posts per day on ET since the day he signed up, while Maverick has averaged to post 2.84 times per day on average since the day he signed up. I have averaged 1.56 so your both ET geeks compared to me, and I've made money by posting here. :))

#28     Jul 30, 2008
  9. Bush is no Batman. Batman (my favorite comic book hero when I was growing up, by the way) was a self-sacrificing, flawed hero. Bush is no hero, has never self-sacrificed, and even urged Americans to go shopping after 9/11. The only tenuous connection is the being flawed part. Bush has that one hands down.

As I recall, the movie ended with a certain aversion to unbridled power. Bush would just be getting started.

It would appear that Andrew Klavan is the real Joker.

And for the love of Catwoman, why is no one participating in my Batman thread?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132351

P.S. On a historical note, Batman started out as a vigilante killer when he was first conceived in 1939. In fact, in the early days, he even used a gun occasionally to shoot bad guys dead. However, that changed fairly quickly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman

#29     Jul 30, 2008