Bush is a deer in the headlights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by claywilk, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Then why did you bring up the issue of the US being able to rein in Israel?

:confused:

#11     Jul 15, 2006
  2. My point would be that he inserted the notion that Israel should show "some restraint" and did not overtly offer Israel "support". We should stand shoulder to shoulder with them not just say "we support you". Akin to the "show of support" right wingers want to give our troops bogged down in Iraq. All Talk. Yellow ribbons on your trunk dont help shit. Wanna support our troops? get' em outta that crap in Iraq and let them do what they are trained to do in Syria and Iran. Iraq was never a real threat to the US. Iran is, and has always been our most dangerous enemy in the region.

#12     Jul 15, 2006
  3. So your solution is to invade Iran and Syria?

Oy vey...

#13     Jul 15, 2006
  4. You're confusing possibility with necessity (I suspect deliberately). I said the US is the only country that can, that means Britan, Canada and all other countries can't, that does not mean that the US should.

#14     Jul 15, 2006
  5. So you can imagine a situation where Israel would need to be reined in?

Please describe that for me....

#15     Jul 15, 2006
  6. To not invade Iran right now, before they achieve nuclear weaponry would be totally negligent toward the well being of our children and grandchildren. The damn Shiites runnin that place are freakin nuts! I happen to have Persian friends who would agree with me. And I am sure that many of them inside Iran would love nothing more than for us to get rid of the lunatics. As far as Syria they are a bit player, but a serious thorn in Israels side.

#16     Jul 15, 2006
  7. Have your testosterone levels checked...

#17     Jul 15, 2006
  8. Or bomb them back into the stone age. That's where their mentality already is, their infrastructure and military capacity should not exceed the level of their societal development.

#18     Jul 15, 2006
  9. So the civilized action is to bomb them back into the stone age.

Lovely...

I feel very fortunate that when Gary Powers was captured, that Kennedy did not share your view of civilization.

#19     Jul 15, 2006
  10. If that's the only alternative to them bombing us back into the stone age then yes. Does not sound nice but the action is civilized, especially given the fact that I was talking about their military infrastructure and capability.

Civilized is not synonymous with suicidal.

#20     Jul 15, 2006