Bush insults a soldier

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Nov 29, 2006.

1. You continue to confuse the concepts. The duty of the soldier is to go whereever he is asked to. But this does not give the politicians right to waste the soldiers' lives in useless wars.

Webb is a soldier under Bush's command. He is a representative elected by the people on the promise that he would try to bring the troops home. If Bush does heed voters' wishes, then he does not deserve the respect.

#41     Dec 1, 2006
  2. Again, fair enough. And nowhere is it reported that Webb's son refused any instructions given to him by his military commanders. Meanwhile, a father who has actually seen combat has the right to express his concern when asked about his son.

All that side, how is it that you seem to value so highly the judgment of someone who used his family's connections to avoid going to war and yet is perfectly ready and willing to squander (someone else's) life to achieve a glorious vision which, not coincidentally, was also supposed to assure him his place in history? (Why do the virtues of Frank Burns from M*A*S*H come to mind?) In fact, I believe his place in history is indeed assured, but I doubt it will be what he had in mind.

#42     Dec 1, 2006
  3. Did I have enough coffee this morning? :D

Should be
    "Webb is not a soldier under Bush's command."

#43     Dec 1, 2006
  4. Polls show the U.S. split 50/50 on withdrawal from Iraq. Only a quarter of American's favor an immediate pullout.

The ball is in the Democrat majorities hands. If Congress were to vote on immediate pullout I can assure you the measure would fail decisively........

#44     Dec 1, 2006
  5. Polls show that US people favor withdraw from Iraq 60/37. And we disapprove Bush's Iraq policy by a overwhelming 65/31 margin.
    http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm
    Where did you get your poll?

#45     Dec 1, 2006
  6. LOL, From the same source as YOU!

This is a great example of how altering a question's language changes the results.

Here's the question you read. "Which comes closest to your view about what the U.S. should now do about the number of U.S. troops in Iraq? The U.S. should send more troops to Iraq. The U.S. should keep the number of troops as it is now. The U.S. should withdraw some troops from Iraq. OR, The U.S. should withdraw all of its troops from Iraq."

And yes as you noted it breaks down 60/37.

But later in the same poll: "Do you think the U.S. should keep military troops in Iraq until the situation has stabilized, or do you think the U.S. should bring its troops home as soon as possible?"

In response to that one it's 48% bring home, 46% keep 'em in Iraq!

What better illustration of how a qualifier can throw a poll. I see the same tendency in abortion polls all the time. Clearly a reason why push polling as become such a popular campaign device

#46     Dec 1, 2006
  7. Geez, fixed one mistake but missed another.
    "Webb is not a soldier under Bush's command. He is a representative elected by the people on the promise that he would try to bring the troops home. If Bush doesn't heed voters' wishes, then he does not deserve the respect."
    Should be negative all the way! :D

This reminds me of the song:
    "99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the code.
    Found and fixed one bug.
    100 little bugs in the code..."

#47     Dec 1, 2006
  8. james bond u are absloutley right.

neokunts, as usual u are utterly wrong...and pathetic.

#48     Dec 1, 2006

9. Your mental diarrhea and obvious obfuscation of the facts stink worse than your half assed trading calls. Are you still managing to make that $200 a day with your tick f*cking, or is it down to zero as I predicted earlier?

#49     Dec 1, 2006
  10. I make $200 a day just in interest.

I've been trading as my sole source of income since 1982. And you?

#50     Dec 1, 2006