Bush insults a soldier

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Nov 29, 2006.

1. I typed troops when I meant to say war for the very last word.

#31     Nov 30, 2006
  2. You should about face and double time your dumb ass back to where ever it is the fuck you came from.

CO ...has earned his right to speak on whatever he wishes at any time he wishes.

#32     Nov 30, 2006

3. Webb should have floored that bastard satan worshipping SOB.

These neo con scum and their low life inbreed roboton supporters are not only a threat to america, but also the entire world.

#33     Nov 30, 2006
  4. Obviously, you've never been in the military. Subordinates show respect for the senior commander regardless of personal opinion. To do otherwise will get your ass in a sling. Publicly saying you'd like to slug your commander will have you in the brig, and right quick. Webb knows that.
    As far as his combat record...don't mean shit in regard to his current position. I don't get a free pass because I served, neither does he. Nobody does! It's a what have you done lately kind of a world and all Webb has done lately is beat a fucking moron called Allen, which ain't much of anything given the current political winds. Talking trash while knowing there will be no serious reprisals is what a punk does.

#34     Nov 30, 2006
  5. Everybody has that right, including the person that questions my courage, but I appreciate the thought.
    On a side note I never shit my pants, but there were some mighty wet farts on more than one occasion. LOL! I ain't no hero, just a survivor. The heroes never came back. Those guys gave it all.

#35     Nov 30, 2006
  6. I know this...but the know nothing talk a lot's tend to chap my ass

As you know quite well we all have elements of courage and heroism and bravado and cowardice and shame. Whichever one happens to manifest itself at the time is generally a matter of circumstance.

However, that circumstance can never be fulfilled if one is not in place to be there when it happens

Semper Fi.

BTW: You were Arty heh? You yell we'll shell!

#36     Nov 30, 2006
  7. My point is don't join the military if you aren't willing to go anywhere you're ordered to go. It's as simple as that.

#37     Nov 30, 2006
  8. Fair enough. But is it too much for a soldier to ask that the Commander in Chief not be a dogmatic ideologue with conveniently selective perception and an agenda that doesn't always appear to quite match up to his stated high-minded ideals? Before agreeing to lay down his life, that is?

#38     Nov 30, 2006
  9. Bush is a jack-ass, and so is Kerry. You know what the problem is?..it's the rich sons of bitches like these two that can buy their way into the White House, but deep down, they could care less about the lower/ middle class, which by the way, are the ones fighting this stupid war. All I can say is, if there's a draft, I'm going to Canada.

#39     Nov 30, 2006
  10. Yes it is. Because one soldier's C in C whom he perceives to be a "dogmatic ideologue with conveniently selective perception and an agenda that doesn't always appear to quite match up to his stated high-minded ideals" is another soldier's realist President who understands the nature of the threat and is taking the necessary actions to combat it.

In other words, it's all opinion. No where in a soldier's contract does it say he/she may refuse to be deployed based on a difference of opinion with the C in C.

It really is this simple - don't join the military unless you're willing to go where you're told to go and do what you're told to do.

#40     Dec 1, 2006