Bush i will balance the budget in 5 years?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Wow, I'm amazed. So you're for universal health insurance now! That would be a much bigger entitlement than social security. What happened to all the Republicans who have been so staunchly opposed to the idea in the past 20 years?

#11     Jan 25, 2007
  2. I don't support ANY entitlements, INCLUDING medicare or Social Security. Everyman for himself. That's the way life really is anyways, eh?

I'm merely stating, given the lesser of multiple evils a straight subsidy would be more efficient than an "overhaul." I crackup that the schvartz Democrat representatives from the Bronx and Chicago's South Side think they can "manage" the health services industry with greater fiscal restraint than private insurers, hospitals and high IQ physicians.

#12     Jan 25, 2007
  3. This is where you and I differ.

I'm against entitlements just like you do, in principle. However, recognizing that a society will simply not function without some protection for the unfortunate/poor/lazy/stupid, whatever you want to call them, I'm willing to compromise. Yielding a little on the welfare front, you save a lot more in the future. Since any sane person with a decent amount of asset would protect it with an insurance policy, why shouldn't we also have an insurance policy on the society as a whole? The entitlement payments are the premiums for this insurance. Do you know how King Louis XVI lost his head?

#13     Jan 25, 2007
  4. I too JB know there's no undoing entilements. Woe to future generations when someday 75% of the population is retired......

#14     Jan 25, 2007
  5. Sky is falling...

If the society can afford 75% retired, then it's not a problem. If it cannot, then it won't happen.

#15     Jan 25, 2007

6. Well, ask Japan where in several years 3 workers will be supporting every 2 retirees. Hence public debt in Japan is 2.6 times greater per capita than in the U.S. Notice the recent developments on immigration in Japan? Apparently Japan has awakened to the sad fact that the only way out of their fiscal mess is the importation of Asian, taxpaying workers. They'll rue the day......

#16     Jan 25, 2007
  7. Hmm... Interesting focus here. How Condi was dressed. I guess
    black is out in your neighborhood this year?

Have you really ever been to a funeral? Didn't think so.

I think we have a Hillary sniffing-bot here...:p

#17     Jan 27, 2007