Bush i will balance the budget in 5 years?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Bush i will balance the budget in 5 years?

Is this guy delusional?

Bush Borrowed More Than All Previous Presidents Combined, Group Says
    By Melanie Hunter
    CNSNews.com Senior Editor
    November 04, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - President Bush and the current administration have borrowed more money from foreign governments and banks than the previous 42 presidents combined, a group of conservative to moderate Democrats said Friday.

Blue Dog Coalition, which describes itself as a group "focused on fiscal responsibility," called the administration's borrowing practices "astounding."

According to the Treasury Department, from 1776-2000, the first 224 years of U.S. history, 42 U.S. presidents borrowed a combined $1.01 trillion from foreign governments and financial institutions, but in the past four years alone, the Bush administration borrowed $1.05 trillion.

2. "...a budget that eliminates the Federal deficit within the next 5 years. I ask you to make the same commitment."

He's making commitment on behalf of the next president. This is dishonesty on the highest level.

3. Webb's rebuttal to the STOU was really interesting, well said

4. Bush gave a great state of the union speech. You guys are all
    blinded by stupidness. Demo-bots. Hillary sniffing bots?

5. Thats right. And you cant do a damn thing about it but bitch on some anon message board.

All worked up for nothing.

I`m laughing out loud at you

6. man

man

"george bush will balance the budget" ... needless which
    time frame, this claim is plain ridiculous. impeach and
    get rid.

7. That's funny.
    He sounded like he was attending a FUNERAL.

I guess you missed Condi sitting there all dressed up in pure BLACK, and looking so glum as if someone had just driven over her puppy!

Bush has a ton of credibility when it comes to talking about fiscal restraint and balancing the budget . . .

All this from a guy that has NOT VETOED ONE SINGLE spending bill.

You are a moron.
    Get real.

8. I had not thought of this problem with Bush's medical insurance plan:

Stephen Colbert: What made [Tuesday's State of the Union speech] so groundbreaking, I think, was all the new stuff we've never heard from the president before...like a domestic agenda. Take his proposal to fix the whole health care mess with the only proven cure-all: tax breaks...

Bush clip: And for the millions of Americans with no health insurance at all, this deduction would help put a basic private health insurance plan within reach.

Colbert: It's so simple. Most people who couldn’t afford health insurance also are too poor to owe taxes. But...if you give them a deduction from their taxes they don’t owe, they can use the money they're not getting back from what they haven't given to buy the health care they can't afford.

9. Yea, Colbert has a great plan. In his view the self-employed working class should continue to pay their own insurance with post tax dollars so that they may SUBSIDIZE those poorer.

Apparently the Democrat's see nothing duplicitous about screaming for easier access to healthcare while PENALIZING folks for seeking private insurance.

The Democrat's could GIVE A FUCK about the poor receiving quality healthcare. Their real motive is to get their hands on the Federal health insurance appropriations that would sift through D.C. United Healthcare needs not suck off Barney Frank. Public providers would be beholden to Congress.

It would be simpler for Congress to just pay everyone's premiums with a private health insurer than to re-invent the wheel.

#10     Jan 25, 2007