Bush Going for Broke?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, Feb 12, 2004.

1. gnome

gnome

Do you mean the Milton Friedman BEFORE he went mental? You know, the one who once said on Ruky's show, "... The Fed should be abolished and replaced with a computer... one which would increase the money supply by about 2%/yr to keep up with the population growth... and let the chips of capitalism fall where they may..."

#11     Feb 12, 2004
  2. Im confused over why the libertarians dont do well.

They can clearly point at what both parties do when in power
    and say I TOLD YOU SO.

Why do americans keep voting for the same two parties
    that make the same mistakes, over and over again???

Do the two parties have everyone completely brainwashed
    that voting for a third party is throwing away your vote?

peace

axeman

#12     Feb 12, 2004
  3. gnome

gnome

That's pretty close. I can remember being a child and arguing with other 3rd graders about my PROUDLY being a "Democrat", as were my parents. Of course, I knew about as much then as most voters know now. (The brainwashing starts early.)

I often hear people deflect the idea of the Libertarians because of some of their social issues. Frankly, I don't even know what THOSE are. What I do know is that Libertarians advocate (a) smaller government that is not so invasive in people's privacy, and (b) sound money and sound money policies. Without these, America will not survive as the America the Founding Fathers envisioned.

#13     Feb 12, 2004
  4. Ooooooooohhh its a religion! Now I understand :D
    (ok ok ok...lets not get THAT started on this thread :D)

peace

axeman

#14     Feb 12, 2004
  5. gnome

gnome

That's sarcasm, right??

#15     Feb 12, 2004
  6. (The brainwashing starts early.)

No...not really. All parents instill stuff like this into their
    kids heads before they can think for themselves.
    Religion, probably being the most common one.

peace

axeman

#16     Feb 12, 2004
  7. I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god.

:D

#17     Feb 12, 2004
  8. gnome

gnome

I guess that's a good thing when it comes to religion. Politically, we Americans are terribly naive... quite literally, "the sheeple".

#18     Feb 12, 2004
  9. BusinessWeek Online

Our No-Tax-and-Spend President
    Thursday February 12, 8:18 am ET

"DOO-DOO ECONOMICS. One month after signing the new $400 billion drug bill, it turns out the actual cost will run $134 billion more than promised. Now, the president plans to increase spending on missiles, from $75 billion to more than $90 billion, a 20% increase this year. That's part of a $400 billion-plus defense bill, not including last fall's $87 billion for continuing operations in Iraq and Afghanistan or further appropriations slated for after the November election. He wants $120 million for "healthy marriages," as opposed to the unhealthy kind -- the GOP accuses Democrats of social engineering!

"We are growing the federal budget two or three times as fast as the average family budget," frets Republican John Shadegg, an Arizona Republican, in last week's New York Times. Isn't it ironic that these days it takes a Democratic to balance the budget and impose fiscal probity? In the meantime, many businesses and investors worry that higher interest rates may be just around the corner. That's what happens when the government has to compete with the private sector for money. You don't have to be an economist to know that the government always wins"
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/040212/sb200402105333_sb002_2.html

#19     Feb 12, 2004
  10. Because Harry Brown refuses to do Botox -- the prime reason why he got my vote in 2000.

#20     Feb 12, 2004