Bush gets Saudis to pump more oil!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WaveStrider, May 16, 2008.

1. Mercor

Mercor

The "Kingdom" cannot afford an Obama win. Obama would abandon our active 75 year support of the Saudi royal family.

So I see this future, The saudis will allow oil to run up through summer, If Obama is still close in the polls by Sept look for a major production output by most of the Opec establishment.

I see them dumping the market and forcing the world hedge funds they support to also dump oil positions.

Oil may drop $20 to $30 in the 6 weeks before the election.

Play the market short this fall, i recommend options.

#11     May 16, 2008
  2. i see it differently. i think the saudis are holding prices up because they feel they have the upper hand.

#12     May 16, 2008
  3. Are you that naive?

How is oil falling $20-$30 per barrel before the election going to influence voters?

By then, the country will be in a much more pronounced economic decline, unemployment will be dramatically higher. and the Airline industry will be going belly up, among other economic hardships.

#13     May 16, 2008
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Am I the only one who's stomache turns in disgust as I see a US President go cap in hand to beg for alms from the despotic Saudi Royal Family?

#14     May 16, 2008
  5. Bush is an idiot.

He attacks Iraq when 16 of the 19 hijackers that perpetrated 9/11 were SAUDI NATIONALS . . . and yet, his Administration continues to sell missiles to the Saudis, and is ( as we speak ) contemplating a $1.4 Billion Dollar Arms Deal.

:(

#15     May 16, 2008
  6. president clinton did the same thing. and bush in his first presidential run criticized him for it. oh how the world turn.

#16     May 16, 2008
  7. i think free trade and our wealth leaving the nation has hurt us more than any nation or terrorist could. and that i blame on bush and the republicans. and i am a republican.

#17     May 16, 2008
  8. heywally

heywally

No, bad move. I guess we did get the token 300k increase though - throw the dog a bone.

This 'negotiating' should have gone on behind closed doors which means no press leaks (unless the President actually wants us to know he tried which would be scary).

#18     May 16, 2008
  9. Mvic

Mvic

Buchanan, one of the smarter guys on the right of the isle, and a conservative that even liberals could respect because of his intellectual integrity and lack of flip flopping from one issue to another warned us and no one listened, infact the GOP turned him in to a pariah and did a great job assainating the character of a very decent man, just as they did with Ron Paul.

#19     May 16, 2008
  10. No, I'm sure there are plenty more Americans with your feelings of superiority.

#20     May 17, 2008