Bush gets his healthcare bill done

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaptainObvious, Dec 22, 2009.

1. It's 2005 in our wayback machine and the Bush administration, along with a republican congress has just passed a sweeping healthcare bill. Some of the provisions are, the American people are now "mandated" to purchase healthcare insurance from the insurance companies. Failure to do so will result in a fine or imprisonment. Medicare will also see cuts to help pay for the bill. The bill does not go in to effect for 3-4 years, but taxes to pay for it will begin immediatly.

Can you imagine the outrage from the left and MSM had this happened? I can guarantee you that there would be riots in the street, literally. And you know what, they'd be justified.

2. I think Bush is still studying his health care reform bill.
    In fact, Ronald Reagan is probably still studying his Medicare reform proposal.

3. Arnie

Arnie

The left will make the requisite noise and then do like all good lefties do....................CAVE.

After all, they'd be racist not to embrace Obama's biggest acheivement. I bet there is lots of Champaigne flowing in corporate boardrooms this Christmas.

Helluva job, Brownie :D