Bush Explained

Discussion in 'Politics' started by marcD, Jul 29, 2003.

1. trdrmac

trdrmac

MARC,

Very good post. All I can say is it is amazing how much hypocrisy there is in this country.

Mac

#11     Jul 30, 2003
  2. Ah...an agreement.

The biggest chunk of cheese is defense/nation building.

Cut that out and the rest wouldn't even matter.

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/taxes/IncomeTaxCHart.html#

Hit that link and see where the money's going.

I'm assuming that the "Other" 14% of that pie is wasted on government bureaucracy.

PLUS, if you cut that 26% on defense spending, the deficit interest becomes smaller, health spending becomes smaller, and veterans benefits also becomes smaller. Now THAT is trickle-down economics.

#12     Jul 30, 2003
  3. trdrmac

trdrmac

#13     Jul 30, 2003
  4. ttrader

ttrader

Work harder ...:)

ttrader

#14     Jul 30, 2003
  5. That little child should moderate every political/economic/philosophic debate - he/she has an amazing bullshit detector.

#15     Jul 30, 2003
  6. Cut out the ENTIRE defense budget and I guarantee you Congress will have that money plus more spent by sundown.

#16     Jul 30, 2003
    #17     Jul 30, 2003
  8. And if you take the lumber tariff alone you add an estimated 15% to the cost of a new home. That is far more of a tax burden on the masses than this silly tax cut non-sense that keeps getting jammed down our throats.

trdrmac

Run this one by me again. After 25+ years in the business both domestically and outside the country, that seems like a very short term and shallow observation.

#18     Jul 30, 2003
  9. I take it there aren't any serious objections then to the apt characterization of US foreign policy?

Come on Kymar, take a page out of the liberals book and help put this apparent hypocracy "into context" for us.

#19     Jul 30, 2003
  10. marcD

marcD

Hell, I posted the damn thing just to get Kymer's angry response. But where is the guy????

I also seem to have pretty well predicted a somewhat moderate (for him) response from AAA.

There is always hope for AAA.

Is there any for Kymer?????

:D :D :D :D :D

MarcD

#20     Jul 30, 2003