Bush Disapproval Rating on Iraq Exceeds 50% in Poll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Most of the terrorism is coming from specific areas. Isolate them, then take them apart block by block. Relocate the residents to camps if necessary. Treat any resistance with overwhelming force.

I would have incarcerated the radical clerics and held them incommunicado.

We are beginning to do some of this now. Too little, too late.

#11     Nov 9, 2003
  2. Then you have been asleep during the post-mortem.

Sure, the miltary conquest was a success but the aftermath has not been so far for the Americans. It is true a lot of sharp minds had a hand in the planning - but the DOD ignored State's postwar planning scenarios. And they are knee deep in shit for it.

Bands of Guerillas, widespread looting. Saddam underground planning and launching attacks, streams of foreign fighters entering the country, huge weapons depots ungaurded and plundered. A fractious multifarious country that has to be tamed.

I guess for a lefty windbag (like you) this is a success.

How many lives is remarkably minimal? What is your number?

#12     Nov 9, 2003
  3. Romeo

Romeo

You didn't finish, let me help.

late 2004 - Bush gets re-elected, despite "everyone" hating him.

BTW, since when do you refer to yourself as "everyone"?

#13     Nov 9, 2003
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I seem to remember this as a bumper sticker during Vietnam.....

Kill them all, let god sort it out.

That is about as ridiculous as what we have now for a war.
    I just have a feeling we can't morally do enough to finish this war quickly.

#14     Nov 9, 2003
  5. Step one- dumya steps down Him and his cronies started this bullshit, do you really trust them to finish it???????:eek:

Step two- give 100$ to each Iraqi, let them vote elect their OWN fucking rulers. 65% vote for clerics? so be it, it's fucking democracy.

Step 3- get the hell out of there.

Step 4- crucify the liars back home. Hold new elections.

bullshit war, a complete fraud, waste of taxpayers money andsoldiers blood

Step 5- take the $$ from HAL,Betchel and give it back to the taxpayers,

Step 6- find out who really did the 9-11 stone them in public (hint hint.. most are here in the US foes dressed as friends)

Step 7- send Mavman,Gordo, Romeo aka sardo,abraMondo.... to Saudi Arabia. Bomb the crap out of them.

:D :D :D :D

#15     Nov 9, 2003
  6. Couldn't stomach voting for Bush or Gore myself but I leaned Bush before voting my conscious and giving the nood to Harry Browne who garned not quite .05% of the vote. :p

At anyrate, Gore makes some good points below and I think that those points are hurting Bush's approval rating more than the media has pointed out.

If Gore were the one in the Whitehouse I would hope that Bush or some republican would be making these same points.

Anyway you look at it, Ron Paul said it best, "The terrorist attacks only provided the cover for the do-gooders who have been planning for a long time before last September to monitor us "for our own good."

:(

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul41.html

Nov 9, 5:34 PM (ET)

By JENNIFER C. KERR

(AP) Former Vice President Al Gore gestures during a speech on Sunday, Nov. 9, 2003, in Washington. ...
    Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former Vice President Al Gore accused President Bush on Sunday of failing to make the country safer after the Sept. 11 attacks and using the war against terrorism as a pretext to consolidate power.

"They have taken us much farther down the road toward an intrusive, 'big brother'-style government - toward the dangers prophesied by George Orwell in his book '1984' - than anyone ever thought would be possible in the United States of America," Gore charged.

Gore, who lost the disputed 2000 presidential election to Bush, said terrorism-fighting tools granted after Sept. 11 amount to a partisan power grab that have led to the erosion of the civil liberties of all Americans.

He brought the crowd to its feet when he called for a repeal of the Patriot Act, which expanded government's surveillance and detention power, allowing authorities to monitor books people read and conduct secret searches.

(AP) Former Vice President Al Gore gestures during a speech on Sunday, Nov. 9, 2003 in Washington. Gore...
    Full Image

Gore chided the administration for what he said was its "implicit assumption" that Americans must give up traditional freedoms in order to be safe from terrorists.

"In my opinion, it makes no more sense to launch an assault on our civil liberties as the best way to get at terrorists than it did to launch an invasion of Iraq as the best way to get at Osama bin Laden," Gore said.

In both cases, Gore said, the administration has "recklessly put our country in grave and unnecessary danger."

He also said the administration still has "no serious strategy" for domestic security - charging that there aren't sufficient protections in place for ports, nuclear facilities, chemical plants and other key infrastructure.

#16     Nov 9, 2003
  7. Romeo

Romeo

My alter ego is a democrat? Geez, I cannot even have an alter ego that has the same political philosphies?

Bottom line, b/c you fools can go on forever with this political crap, is that I love George W, even though I cringe when he talks. I also cringe to think what the U.S. wouldn't have done if Gore was in office.

Dubya has his faults, but he's still got my vote, and enough other electoral votes to be re-elected.

#17     Nov 9, 2003
  8. Brother Romeo down to chitchat? :confused: :D :D
    nuhhh, still remain a registered republican, BUT this dumya and his cronies have damaged the country AND the party wayyyyyyy too much. I'm scared of the alternatives, but too much blood is spilt on this bogus war, too much taxpayer money misappropriated.:D :D economy in the toilet, enough already:cool: :cool:

My 7 step solution above remains :D :D :D

#18     Nov 9, 2003
  9. First it was about Weapons of Mass Destruction and the UN Security Counsel Resolution.

Then it was about a Regime change.

Now, Bush says that success in IRAQ will be based on setting-up a DEMOCRACY there.

Hmmmmm....
    Now that's setting the BAR RATHER HIGH, EH???

#19     Nov 9, 2003
  10. Romeo

Romeo

waggie, you doing a search on my posts, and following me around?

#20     Nov 9, 2003