Bush Blows It Big Time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 7, 2004.

1. i could have been born a turtle .. but i wasn/t :)

your making this way too hard..

shoot first few thousand losers that cross, the rest will get message.

heh.

:D

#31     Jan 7, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Isn't this how the nazi's controlled the Jews?

#32     Jan 7, 2004
  3. Mr. President elect LongShot,
    What will you do with the patriot act when you take office?

#33     Jan 7, 2004
  4. HEH HEH-HEH HEH HEH Patriot what..??

[​IMG]

#34     Jan 7, 2004
  5. cdbern

cdbern

You must of read my post in another forum. I agree with you about punishing businesses that are caught with an illegal immigrant employee. unfortunately low lifes have mastered the art duplicating drivers license etc. I would further suggest that since we have the capacity to fingerprint and photograph, we give non citizens 6 months to obtain an ID through immigration. An immigrant with false ID will not be in the system, when their cards are scanned and its found to be false, the immigrant is deported immediately. To much paperwork etc. Well how many American citizens are currently looking for work? The IRS hires temporary help for tax season, why not the immigration department. Huge fines and possible loss of business license hopefully would force businesses to check all their employees.

One another note:

I've read the Constitution a hundred times, where does it say that illegal immigrants are entitled to benefits? The 14th Amendment grants citizenship to children born in our country, but it doesn't grant benefits to the parents.

Lieberman is starting to look better and better..

#35     Jan 7, 2004
  6. So in your opinion, it's wrong to kill a cow so people may enjoy nice juicy steaks, but it's ok to machine gun unarmed migrant workers? :confused:

#36     Jan 7, 2004
  7. Here's my proposal to fix the problem:

Require employers to verify that their employees are legally here. Impose fines for those who don't check.

Dramatically increase spending to shore up our southern border.

To the illegals already here, give them a fair amount of time to exit the country. Make it a gradual exit, over a few years even.

It's harsh, but medical services need to first be used for citizens! Many immigrants wait years to become naturalized citizens. It's a slap in the face to the immigration process for illegals to simply cut in front of the line. And get benefits on top of that!

These can be harsh measures. But what are the alternatives? To turn our borders wide open? Mexico's economy is still a shambles. Unfortunately, it will be for many years to come.

#37     Jan 7, 2004
  8. they could fix it if they wanted to..

THEY DONT WANT TO!

are you guys this naive!!?? lol

i bet you still believe in truth, justice for all and apple pie too!

i used to be an idealist too!

HA!

what a joke now it all is...

:-/

#38     Jan 7, 2004
  9. Another comment frequently heard by the pro illegal immigrant advocates is that, "the economy will collapse without these people". IMO, nothing could be further from the truth. Americans use to do many manual labor jobs. Jobs such as gardening, maid work, etc. is still done by legal Americans in many states, such as in the midwest and some northeastern states (Rhode Island, Vermont, etc). The economy is not "collapsing" there. If you took 10 million people out of the system all at once, then of course we'd have problems.

But Americans would adjust. Supply and demand would balance out.

#39     Jan 7, 2004
  10. cdbern

cdbern

And how many teenagers can't find work. Put them to work. Not something they want to do? Well no one said life was fair and maybe, just maybe, they'll see the value of getting schooling beyond high school.

Kids need to learn HOW to work, something most haven't a clue about.

#40     Jan 7, 2004