Bush Blows It Big Time

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 7, 2004.

1. You think people trying to support their families by seeking manual labor employment in America deserve to be gunned down like enemy soldiers? What's wrong with you?

#21     Jan 7, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you kidding? I hope you are. If they want to come in, they will period. They are not going to let a guard stop them. And many of the illegals will be armed as well. Man you need to think this through. What about all the dope pushers, you think they are just going to stop when some 18 year old kid from austin texas who is in the national guard tells him to stop and go back. Bwahahahahaha.

OK, I wish I could live in that fantasy world of yours. Maybe you should give me some of that weed your smoking. If you put an armed militia on the border, the one thing you can count on is violence. No, it won't be thousands or hundreds a day, but there will be a body count, and the first person you will attack will be Bush, Bush is a killer, he hates illegals, he's a nazi, he runs a gestapo at the border, oh man I can hear it now. No way do I want to get into that.

#22     Jan 7, 2004
  3. well i think after a few thousand killed word would get around. end of problem :)

#23     Jan 7, 2004
  4. You should know by now, I think the dope should be legally imported on the same cargo ships as bananas and coffee.

#24     Jan 7, 2004
  5. good god life be so munch easeir :p

#25     Jan 7, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Never the less, I think you understand now why arming our borders could be very dangerous.

#26     Jan 7, 2004
  7. there are parallels between this and the "war on drugs" -- huge demand overcoming threat of force, violence, waste of money and resources, etc.

anyway, you're right - force and threats are not feasible solutions given the demand, size of the border, and the r/r ratio for the illegal immigrant.

note the size of the US/Canadian border, and the lack of any real illegal-Canadian-immigrant problem.

#27     Jan 7, 2004
  8. to whom? not me. dangerous to only those who CHOOSE to break the law! shoot the law breakin bastards! HA!:)

#28     Jan 7, 2004
  9. Are you serious???

You could have just as easily been born an impoverished, desperate Mexican, and even if you chose not to illegally immigrate to the US, many of your relatives and close friends <b>would</b> try it. How would you feel then?

#29     Jan 7, 2004
  10. The truth is: this is the day to day reality of it all as it now stands. Mexicans come and go from Mexico(heck the majority go back for the Christmas holiday period), then come right back across the border after paying the coyote. They drive cars around with no license, only a small percentage decide to obtain insurance after their car is repeatedly impounded and/or sold at auction.

My feeling is that the government is constantly weighing the risk to reward of granting certain amnesty concessions. As it stands now, its more profitable for local governments to simply ticket, impound, fine, detain, etc and generate a ton of revenue off of a number of arbitrary laws. Most Mexicans who are employed by businesses are paying into the system thru a variety of false SSN's already. So the money does go into the system, the difference is they have no claim to it.

Now, I am not going to turn this into a political debate, rather I am trying to clarify what the situation has been and probably will continue to be. The border is just as vulnerable now as it probably was 3-5 years ago.

#30     Jan 7, 2004