Bush, Arnold Party at Streisand's Home

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabst, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Pabst

Pabst

Los Angeles- December 1, 2003 (Reuters)

Hollywood's biggest stars, and in some cases Hollywood's most liberal entertainment personalities feted President Bush and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger during an Israeli Bond fundraiser held Sunday night at Barbra Streisand's palatial Malibu estate. "If Enron had Barbra's light bill, Ken Lay would be writing us all a check", quipped Chris Rock who emceed the event. Party goers were memorized by the thousands of pre-holiday lights strung up throughout the idyllic 14 acre estate of the Broadway actress and diva. Looking youthful in the $4000 Prada dress she had specially designed for the occasion, Streisand was effusive in her praise for the chief Executive. "Although I have disagreed, perhaps strongly, with aspects of President Bush's foreign policy, I think his Thanksgiving trip to visit our troops was a watershed moment in this epic battle to save Isreal. I spoke with Sen. Clinton on the phone this morning and she wholeheartedly supports our mission to free the long suffering children from Saddam's tyranny."

Looking pensive but equally lavish with praise for the President were guest's Ed Asner and Sean Penn. "Because of this medicare bill, I can finally afford to get old" joked Asner, best known as Lou Grant on television's Mary Tyler Moore show. Opined paparazzi loathing badboy Sean Penn, "It wasn't until I reflected on the plight of Iraqi's under the brutal dictatorship that enslaved them, that I came to the realization that our mission militarily has tremendous benefits. I still wish there had been a way to avert bloodshed, but I fully approve of the way Bush has turned the situation around." Criticized for his pre war visit to Iraq Penn said,"This doesn't mean that I'm an apologist for the administration, but I've told other's here in L.A. that on this one Bush is getting the job done."

Short and courteous in his remarks to what would only have recently been a hostile group, the President thanked "those who make American's lives joyous both in peace time and in peril with their wondrous art." Schwartznegger got off the biggest laugh of the night when he said, "I don't know what scares you most, that I become the Terminator, or that I invite Maria's Uncle Ted to the open bar."

Other luminaries included Penny Marshall, Lenny Kravitz who was without current companion Nicole Kiddman, and Ted Danson.
    Chris Rock summed up the apparent absurdity of Hollywood's abrupt change in perception of President Bush when he said, "If Al Sharpton comes in and kisses the President, then I'm gonna know Britney and Madonna were getting it on for real."

2. Los Angeles- December 1, 2003 (Reuters)

Hollywood's biggest stars, and in some cases Hollywood's most liberal entertainment personalities feted President Bush and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger during an Israeli Bond fundraiser held Sunday night at Barbra Streisand's palatial Malibu estate. "If Enron had Barbra's light bill, Ken Lay would be writing us all a check", quipped Chris Rock who emceed the event. Party goers were memorized by the thousands of pre-holiday lights strung up throughout the idyllic 14 acre estate of the Broadway actress and diva. Looking youthful in the $4000 Prada dress she had specially designed for the occasion, Streisand was effusive in her praise for the chief Executive. "Although I have disagreed, perhaps strongly, with aspects of President Bush's foreign policy, I think his Thanksgiving trip to visit our troops was a watershed moment in this epic battle to save Isreal. I spoke with Sen. Clinton on the phone this morning and she wholeheartedly supports our mission to free the long suffering children from Saddam's tyranny."

Looking pensive but equally lavish with praise for the President were guest's Ed Asner and Sean Penn. "Because of this medicare bill, I can finally afford to get old" joked Asner, best known as Lou Grant on television's Mary Tyler Moore show. Opined paparazzi loathing badboy Sean Penn, "It wasn't until I reflected on the plight of Iraqi's under the brutal dictatorship that enslaved them, that I came to the realization that our mission militarily has tremendous benefits. I still wish there had been a way to avert bloodshed, but I fully approve of the way Bush has turned the situation around." Criticized for his pre war visit to Iraq Penn said,"This doesn't mean that I'm an apologist for the administration, but I've told other's here in L.A. that on this one Bush is getting the job done."

Short and courteous in his remarks to what would only have recently been a hostile group, the President thanked "those who make American's lives joyous both in peace time and in peril with their wondrous art." Schwartznegger got off the biggest laugh of the night when he said, "I don't know what scares you most, that I become the Terminator, or that I invite Maria's Uncle Ted to the open bar."

Other luminaries included Penny Marshall, Lenny Kravitz who was without current companion Nicole Kiddman, and Ted Danson.
    Chris Rock summed up the apparent absurdity of Hollywood's abrupt change in perception of President Bush when he said, "If Al Sharpton comes in and kisses the President, then I'm gonna know Britney and Madonna were getting it on for real."

Lol, but get yourself an editor!

3. Cammin71

Cammin71

"Schwartznegger got off the biggest laugh of the night when he said, "I don't know what scares you most, that I become the Terminator, or that I invite Maria's Uncle Ted to the open bar."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :

4. LOL!

5. Pabst

Pabst

This post did not get the props it deserves.:mad:

6. Pabst

Pabst

Thanks.

7. is this funny :confused:

8. Pabst

Pabst

Don't you get it. Uncle Ted Kennedy.

9. i think i do get "it" - ted is a boozer right? so..

blah blah blah

ha ha ha

the end. right? :confused:

10. amerikwa would have been best served if every fucker there were hit by a third remote driven airplane......discuss amongst yourselves.

grimer11

#10     May 8, 2004