Bush approval rating down to 25%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Can you or someone else post a chart of his ratings along side of his father's chart?

If me no mistaken, he like daddy..very popular and then all down hill from there..just like daddy.

#11     Jul 23, 2007
  2. No, I'm reacting to every restaurant I go into being jammed, every plane ride I'm on being jammed, people jamming stores to buy big screen TV's, people lining up overnight to buy $600 iPhones, low unemployment, employers willing to risk criminal penalties to hire illegals because they can't find anyone else, low inflation, low interest rates and lowered taxes. "Most" people aren't struggling, in fact, they've never had it so good.

Nevertheless, I see that Hillary is dusting off Bill's big lie strategy on the economy. Since most voters are economically illiterate, it will probably work, particularly with the leftwing media pushing it. So I fully expect to see a lot more stories like this one. I also expect the democrats to do their best to wreck the economy before the election.

#12     Jul 23, 2007
  3. pattersb

pattersb Guest

amen, it really is an absurdity to suggest the economy is poor.

but there you have it, that is the Democrat's card, that and the Iraq quagmire which most of the leading candidates voted in favor of, which they attempt to bury with calls for impeachment, censure, etc ...

70%+ of the population is also against granting amnesty to those who spit on our laws and our right to national sovereignty, so I guess that eliminates Obama, thank god.

Of course I've been saying for years, the Democrats true road to riches is to eliminate the electoral college, import another 50 million poor mexicians into the country and nominate a Hugo Chavez like cretin as their representative. It's not as wild a suggestion as it may appear.

The elections are still over a year out and my fear-and-loathing for the left is already starting to simmer.

AAA, I hope you're hooked up with some kind of think-tank out there in DC, I'd hate to think your influence ends with the mish-mash on this board.

#13     Jul 23, 2007
  4. lar

lar

AAA,

I have been volunteering in an area of my city where the unemployment rate approaches 55%... Sorry, I meant "55%!!!!"

The gap between the haves and the have nots has been increasing expodentially. I don't usually agree with ZZZZzzz (in fact I have him on ignore) but his comment reflects the realities for a large number of Americans.

Both Democrats and Republicans spread propaganda. Usually things are not as good as the cheerleaders say, nor are they as bad as the doom and gloomers say. We validate or disconfirm the propaganda that gets spewed out of Washington base on our real time observations. My conclusion? Times are much better for the "Haves". Times are much worse for the "Have Nots".

Is the glass half empty or half full? Bill Cosby answered this question best when he said it depends on if you are doing the pouring or the drinking.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#14     Jul 23, 2007
  5. pattersb

pattersb Guest

describe the economy in which these people would prosper ...

in other words, the economy where they all dirve Lexis's

#15     Jul 23, 2007
  6. A nasty side effect of this economy will be increased levels of violent crime. This typically happens when income inequality widens. I would be interested to see the 2002-2006 crime rates in the US.

#16     Jul 23, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

We went from single earners to support a household, to two incomes to support a household, now it's two incomes won't do it anymore. The main thing that changed was the overall taxation. The second income goes to pay the tax bill... the third one is for food, and Democrats are here to help us? Or Republicans?

#17     Jul 23, 2007
  8. On every metric the bush economy is better than Clinton ?

[​IMG]

I won't fill up this thread with pretty charts but, ya know, pensions disappearing, benefits drying up, etc... I guess we forgot about outsourcing and wages not keeping up with inflation too.

And having just seen SiCKO, americans are probably looking for help with healthcare too.

#18     Jul 24, 2007
  9. pattersb

pattersb Guest

there you go ... doesn't your chart support the argument the economy has been improving?

hell any idiot knows that things are becoming more *challenging*, shit you need higher education to get a job shuffling papers now-a-days. Are you people honestly suggesting that Bush has something to do with this?

55% unemployment .. Yeah in those same sections of the city the high-school graduation rates are 45%. I'm sorry I meant, 45%!!!! Coincidence???? Call me callous, but I've learned not to pity people who need to sleep in the bed they made, in other words, Cry me an f'ing river.

As for pensions, if the government didn't insist on confiscating 14% of my income for my retirement, I wouldn't need a pension. "Rising costs of healthcare" ... yeah, the government shoud be able to fix that, the government is extremely adept at cutting costs and increasing efficiencies.

#19     Jul 24, 2007
  10. Clinton years look pretty good. Reagan years look pretty good. Bush years look pretty flat.

Debt has gone up.

#20     Jul 24, 2007