Bush and the Economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jstanton, Jan 20, 2004.

1. MRWSM

MRWSM

Al Gore is telling you he would have done nothing in nearly all his public speeches.

On another note, I don't know why democrats hate Bush so much when he's one of them. Yes, I view Bush as a moderate and probably closer to the left than the right.

#31     Jan 21, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Tell me about it. It's so funny, democrats and liberals spend so much time hating Bush that they don't see he is actually becoming one of them. He is spending money like water. Big programs right and left. You would think all these government dependent liberals would be cheering Bush on. Entitlements here, entitlements there, entitlements everywhere. Spend, spend, spend!

It cracks me up, liberals believe that government can spend your money better then you can and Bush apparently is doing just that, spending your money. If they would actually shut up for a second they might be happy to see that Bush is indeed becoming the big brother that liberals inspire to have.

#32     Jan 21, 2004
  3. Big Brother, absolutely.

Oh, yeah baby, "liberals" want a "Big Brother"...so much so that they actually have one. The ACLU.

You are right. Bush does not represent the right wing supporters that helped put him in office. But still, we somehow have an Attorney General who would like to have little schoolgirls subjected to a virginity test while saying their prayers during their seventh grade social studies classes.

The mission to Mars wasn't mentioned in the SOTU speech. Didn't poll well.

Iraq's absolute possession of weapon's of mass destruction somehow became some programs we are pretty damn sure were involved in activities related to researching the development of the production of weapons of mass destruction.

Who is this guy talking to? Nothing he says is true. He makes Roosevelt look like a miser and Clinton look like a guy who didn't know how to lie.

The way the man carried himself during the speech was remarkable. He was fucking GLARING at the Democratic side of the aisle when they applauded during the wrong time of his remarks about the Patriot Act. (I am sure he did it at other times, but I couldn't watch, so I just listened). Reminded me of the look on Gingrich's face when he was at the dias behind Clinton when Clinton gave one of his SOTU speeches.

A guy that can get that pissed and not even be able to hide it won't be able to survive the attacks that are sure to come during the next Presidential debates. Kerry or Clark would make him explode. Anyone would. Can you imagine what a US Army General could do? But whoever it is, it won't really be a fair fight. Bush will have to be sedated before going on stage. Or pulled off in a straight jacket.

(Hey, maybe the sedation thing has been going on and would explain a lot of what he has said over the years).

Imagine this guy in a high level negotiation. Scary.

Maverick, I am glad we agree that we need a better President. A liberal or a conservative. Bush is neither.

Peace,
    :)RS

#33     Jan 22, 2004
  4. Cutten

Cutten

0 - usefulness of randomly compiled statistics

6 - number of people in the entire UK who actually read the Independent

#34     Jan 22, 2004
  5. As you said, it is not feasible for a President to attend 501 (and counting) funerals. Americans are reasonable, they would understand.

We are not talking about national mourning. That comes later. We are talking about honoring the sacrifices. What can one expect from a man who went AWOL and coke-alcohol binging during his time of service?

Your answer is nonsense evasion.

He is not acknowledging the war dead and the expense of the war - psychological, spiritual, monetary.

He has made a calculated decision that to do so would cost more votes in November than to not do so. End of story.

#35     Jan 22, 2004
  6. ges

ges

Bush is a cardboard cut-out.

He didn't get where he is by merit, that is for SURE.

http://www.americandynasty.net/kp.htm

#36     Jan 22, 2004

7. 9/11 Panel Unlikely to Get Later Deadline
    By Dan Eggen
    Washington Post
    Monday, January 19, 2004

President Bush and House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.) have decided to oppose granting more time to an independent commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, virtually guaranteeing that the panel will have to complete its work by the end of May, officials said last week.

A growing number of commission members had concluded that the panel needs more time to prepare a thorough and credible accounting of missteps leading to the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. But the White House and leading Republicans have informed the panel that they oppose any delay, which raises the possibility that Sept. 11-related controversies could emerge during the heat of the presidential campaign, sources said.

With time running short, the 10-member bipartisan panel has already decided to scale back the number and scope of hearings that it will hold for the public, commission members and staffers said. The commission is rushing to finish interviews with as many as 200 remaining witnesses and to finish examining about 2 million pages of documents related to the attacks.

"We need at least a few more months to complete our work," said commission member Timothy J. Roemer, a former Democratic congressman from Indiana who has pushed for more time. "We have a breathtaking task ahead of us, and we need enough time to make sure our work is credible and thorough."

But the White House and Hastert's office made clear during discussions over the past two weeks that they would strongly oppose any extension of the deadline, which would require congressional approval, officials said. One source described the issue Friday as "dead in the water."

White House spokeswoman Erin Healy said, "The administration has given them an unprecedented amount of cooperation . . . and we expect they will be able to meet that deadline."

John Feehery, a spokesman for Hastert, said there is little support for a delay in the Republican-controlled Congress. "I can't imagine a situation where they get an extension," Feehery said. "I don't sense a lot of enthusiasm for considering that."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A28025-2004Jan18?language=printer

#37     Jan 22, 2004
  8. bumya and cabal has been stonewalling it since day 1. Wouldn't even allocate enough money, only few mill for it. Panel had to settle for a mere 14-15 mill after long delays and fights.:(
    What a joke:eek: One of the biggest events in US history, if anything deserves scrutiny and thorough investigation it's it. BUT scumya and cabal are scared shiftless.. anything to sweep it under the rug:eek: :eek:
    Sure no problem 200+ billions on a fraud for war, with no evidence, attack immediately, kill em first etc..
    But for 9/11 there is no money and hurry up and close the case... why????

DID ANYONE NOTICE that OBL was not mentioned last SOTU in relation to 9/11 but someone else was the mastermind??. Maybe I'm wrong...:confused: :confused:

#38     Jan 22, 2004