Bush Administration Proposes Most Sweeping Overhaul of Financial Regulation Since Dep

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wavefinder, Mar 29, 2008.

1. It could be bad. It's a New York versus Chicago "thing". The SEC, (NYSE), would attempt to meddle with futures & options, (CME & CBOE), to make them less attractive and steer more trading into stocks.

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I also see it as a negative. If SEC and CFTC are merged, I highly doubt that it will be beneficial to us who trade futures.

3. TGregg

TGregg

That's just great. Let's take the advice of people that love growing the money supply so fast they have to stop reporting the widest measure of it. Also, we can put a bunch of lawyers in charge. But not any lawyers, just the ones who are slightly corrupt and lie the best. And let's make those lawyers accountable to the masses, so when the public gets mad at some company we can hound them into bankruptcy. Every company will have to contribute to campaign coffers if they want to stay in business. We should put labels on our politicians like NASCAR drivers have - at least we'd know who their big sponsors are.

4. empee

empee

agreed

+1

5. +1

Great post.

6. You beat me to it by seconds lol

I can see Big Bennie in a Goldman Sachs racing jacket.

7. agreed

+2

8. clacy

clacy

I do believe overall that Bush means well, but everything that he has done, he has basically f*cked up. Many of his appointments have been rediculous. The Iraq War, whether we should have been there in the first place, has been mismanaged completely. Immigration. The list goes on and on.

The last thing I want this guy doing is passing sweeping economic reforms.

9. Can I be the consumer czar, does that come with a pension?:cool:

#10     Mar 31, 2008