Burzynski Movie: Cancer is a Serious Business

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DT-waw, Jun 15, 2011.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Thank you, i'm doing more than fine :D

You're blind. Don't you see which products sell the best?
    Sure, there are some quality things out there. Usually, at least 2x overpriced. Sony Vaio Z series for example... great laptop, just the price is sky high.

Some say Apple iMacs are wonderful machines. Sorry, If you actually use CPU or graphic card, the screen starts displaying yellow tints. The product looks sweet, but its quality is BAD and way overpriced. And only 1 year warranty, thats a very very poor deal.

Why? People understand price, they don't understand value.
    If something is expensive it sells, - clients think it somehow *must* be good.

How come you are not seeing this? How old are you, under 20?

#41     Jun 17, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Ok, i used to think you were just dumb, now i think you are just an asshole. I just watched my uncle die from cancer after essentially being burned to death from chemo.

Do you really think that with his life on the line he would have just picked the option that is cheaper, even though the success rate of the other option was 25 times more?

If a person has 2 options, and 1 of them is cheap, and that option is chemo/radiation with a 1% chance of living, and that option carries the side effect of being in horrible pain right up until their death from their body literally burning until they die.

Then you have another option of this doctors cure from your video, which is supposedly 25% succesful with no side effects, but lets say this doctor/pharmaceutical company charges 5 times more.

Are you really fucking dumb enough to believe that when the person is given those 2 choices with their life on the line, they are just going to say, "fuck it ill take the chemo, i dont want to spend extra money"

We are not talking about a person in the grocery aisle choosing which brand of garbage bags they want, we are talking about a persons life, and i can promise you that anyone with their life on the line will choose the treatment with the highest percent chance of working, regardless of cost, especially given the fact that the person does not have to go through the horrible pain from the treatment which is cheaper.

If a pharmaceutical company patented this bullshit treatment from your video they would have a monopoly, and thus they would be able to set the price basically wherever they wanted, and people would pay that price because their life is on the line. Thus it would be far more profitable for a pharmaceutical company to bring this to market, then it is to block it and use their old products. Thus the premise of this thread, and the video you showed which implied that pharma companies are blocking this new treatment for their own profit is absolutely ridiculous.

If you believe that the pharma companies are 100% self serving, it would be in one pharmaceutical companies best interest to work with this doctor and bring this treatment to market.

#42     Jun 17, 2011
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

Max, i'm sorry for your uncle.
    Its not the point if price is higher or lower. Most people will always choose the worst option available, period.

Either the most expensive one, or the most dangerous one (trading the best example) or the most non-effective one.

You have two opposite sides: FDA (big pharma organisation) and Dr Burzynski. One side (FDA) is doing everything to put the other side into jail. Ban his methods. There were absolutely no signs that his treatment has side effects. You are not even able to find the motive of cancer industry!
    Wow, i'm deeply amazed by your level of intelligence.

Hint: its about MONEY, dude.
    Burzynski holds all the patents, and if the news will spread out, big pharma will LOSE a whole bunch of MONEY!

#43     Jun 17, 2011
  4. DT-waw

DT-waw

Your argument "if his treatment is real, then why is not big pharma profiting from it"?
    The answer is: Burzynski holds patents and he doesn't need big pharma to cooperate with him. He will show them the F#CK finger. he already makes tens of millions $. Understand, boy?

Of course, it will be much better for the humanity if Burzynski's job wasn't needed. Such option is available to people, cancer-free life. But they eat toxic waste, chemically processed junk and love to inhalate exhaust fumes. Electric cars could be the norm since 1930 or so. But then again, the public doesn't care.

I'm also the victim of this state of affairs, i was teached to eat junk food for the 30 years of my life, but finally managed to educate myself what humans should eat.

#44     Jun 17, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

This has nothing to do with trading, yeah most traders lose.

But this has nothing to do with trading, and this argument is completely irrational, if a person is given two options, one to burn to death, and the other to have no pain and a 20 times higher chance at living, every single person is going to take the second option, people are not completely retarded, and they are not going to fuck up when given these two options.

It would be like asking people to fill out a multiple choice quiz where the person was told they would recieve an amount of money which is in direct proportion to their answer.

And then the person was asked:

Would you rather recieve...

A.) 1 dollar
    B.) 1 thousand dollars
    c.) 1 billion dollars

Do you really think that the majority of people are going to answer that question wrong? If you do you need to have your head examined.

#45     Jun 17, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

So the entire premise of your video is that burzynski can not get fda approval because big pharma companies are blocking him, and he doesnt have enough money.

So if that was burzynskis thought, then he is either an idiot or a greedy asshole.

He could very easily sign a contract giving him half the profits, and he could license it to the Pharma companies, and he would become fantastically rich.

If this stuff works and he has the patent, and the FDA is blocking him, and he is not willing to work with a pharmaceutical company because he wants 100% of the profits then he is just a greedy asshole, as he is allowing people to die because he wants a few more billion dollars. If this treatment does what the video satys it does, he could become a billionare off 10% of the profit. He is definately not the saviour you make him out to be if this treatment works, and he is simply to greedy to split it with a pharmaceutical company in order to get it approved.

If he is truly worth 250 million dollars like you said he was, and he actually blieved this treatment worked the way he says it does, he has more than enough money to get this through the FDA, if he had faith in his results, he could spend his 250 million and with that kind of money the treatment would get approved guaranteed.

Anyway you slice it this guy seems like a complete snake oil salesmen, why would he be selling DVD's on his website if his treatment worked? I mean surely if it worked like he says it does he would just give the video away to anyone willing to listen in order to try to get the treatment approved.

#46     Jun 17, 2011
  7. DT-waw

DT-waw

words are cheap. actions are hard.
    you confuse these two things. sure people will respond that they want $1b instead of just 1. however, if some actions are needed to achieve one outcome or the other, majority will start taking the wrong paths.

take our ET friend olias, as an example.

i guess we all agree that the absolutely worst thing is to have no options to choose from, right?
    this is exactly what FDA is trying to do: shut the competition. put him in jail. leave the patients with only one option: chemo.

how to interpret this information?
    instead of being enraged at FDA and lose all trust in big pharma's good will, olias chooses to be skeptical about Burzynski. Brilliant!

#47     Jun 17, 2011
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Oh we understand. So it is all about the money for him too.

The Canadians offered that he could run trials there and he refused. If he wanted to help humanity, he could have moved to China or other countries and he could have had as many patient as he wanted.

The guy is almost 70 years old, but he certainly looks really good for his age. Maybe he should treat celebrities. But anyhow, he most likely will die in 15-20 years, probably before the Phase X could be run in his trials.

If 30 years weren't enough to prove himself, chances are that the next 15 won't help much.

Instead of just watching the video, why don't you do an independent research about his achievements and read the criticism of him??? Not that I expect that you can be objective, but it is always nice to see both sides of an issue...

#48     Jun 17, 2011
  9. Max E.

Max E.

The article you posted was what sealed the deal for me. I was skeptical right off the bat, but once i read that article it became obvious that something about this guy does not add up.

There is no reason why this guy would not work with someone to get the treatment approved if it truly worked the way he says it does and it was all about his lack of funds to get it approved.

Plus the guy is selling his DVD on his site, as opposed to just giving his story away, which if this treatment did what he says it does, he would be anxious to get the information out to as many people as possible, and he sure as hell would not be wasting his time trying to sell DVD's on the internet.

Nothing about this story makes sense, and DT-waw is simply to irrational to realise it.

#49     Jun 17, 2011
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is a FAQ about antineoplastons, (it simply means "against cancer"):

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/antineoplastons/patient/Page2#Section_15

Bottomline is, no randomized controlled trials have been ran that proves the effectiveness of antineoplastons. Furthermore, several of B.'s patients were receiving both his and other treatments, so it is not clear what caused the positive outcome.

------------------------------------------

Here is an interesting book, Suzanne Somers interviewed doctors who treat cancer patients in a non established, alternative way.

http://www.amazon.com/Knockout-Inte...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

#50     Jun 17, 2011