Bursting Quotes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by X$Trade, May 3, 2003.

1. X$Trade

X$Trade

This is a question for all you techies out there!

The firm I am at has recently been experiencing problems with bursting quotes at times of peak market volume. For example, on the open when volume is very heavy the traders in the office will get sporadic momentary freezing of their level II box, time of sales ticker,etc.
    As well even when the quotes don't freeze they sometimes seem overly 'jerky' and when you attempt to put out orders you may get a slight delay before the order pops up into the "pending" window. There are not a lot of traders on the network ( about 12). I have seen all this before at a firm I traded with previously, but no one would ever give me a straight answer on the issue.

Can anyone tell me what the source of this problem is likely to be? Is it an internal network issue, connectivity issue, or is it on the other end ie. the quote source?

Any suggestions on what may be causing this problem and any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. X$Trade

X$Trade

Someone out there must have a suggestion, or at least I would like to hear other experiences with a similar problem.

3. Overloaded servers ...

4. maybe changing the quote provider would help ...