Burger King..Anyone thinking about it?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by DaveWeis, May 15, 2006.

1. ever since i heard the story of a forex trader that left to grab a whopper only to return 10 minutes later 2 mil USD in the hole i haven't been to BK.

#11     May 16, 2006
  2. In And Out is talking to underwriters.

#12     May 16, 2006
  3. Carls Junior, double western bacon six dollar burger. Say that 10 times fast..:D

#13     May 16, 2006
  4. Great poetry is written about unrequited love (Keats, Tennyson, etc.). If the great poets were alive they might write about how Mickey Dees got rid of the most sublime item on the menu- The Arch Deluxe. It is frustrating to have constant cravings and know that they can never be sated. Just like how Ben and Jerry's got rid of Rainforest Crunch.

#14     May 16, 2006
  5. yes.... been thinking about going by and asking them for an application. :(

#15     May 16, 2006
  6. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

LOL, with all the threads lately about "can you make a living trading" or "I suck at trading" I thought this was a thread about getting a job.

I don't know if I would call it "innovative", but the new turbo coffee is quite good. Its the only fast food coffee that I will drink. But I doubt that the coffee sales to me add much to their bottom line.

#16     May 16, 2006
  7. Mickey Dee's has Seattle's Best coffee now. I Personally prefer it over SBUX. I'm going to try the BK turbo coffee in a few minutes.

#17     May 17, 2006
  8. Burger King is suppose to go public this Friday(If it happens).
    I think it is a good investment to hold for a year.
    I wouldn't day trade it. But I think a hold for one
    year would make a good investment with it.

#18     May 17, 2006
  9. cstu

cstu

Private equity guys are getting out now because the business is about to head south again. They have gotton all the SSS gains possible, with as little capital investment as possible.

In desperate need of capital improvements in stores. Even new ones feel tired.

They made an effort to "improve" food by getting it hotter. Nuking many burgers and pre-cooking and leaving them in a steamer which negates any taste from "flame broiling".

#19     May 17, 2006
  10. tomcole

tomcole

Before you leap and make long term investments, you may want to consider who the sellers are, how smart they are and why they're selling.

#20     May 17, 2006