Bundlemaker, a quick question.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by coffeezoo, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Chaos,

I couldn't agree more with your ruminations. I recall the story of a women calling Bill Harris (the inventor of Holosync and something of a guru in the field of brain development) to tell him she was just absolutely freaking out. To hear the story, you'd pretty much get the idea that she was having a nervous breakdown. Bill told her that he was unable to speak at the moment, but to just lie down, and record with absolute precision everything she felt. Bill instructed her to call back in 30 minutes.

After several hours passed, Bill realized this women had failed to call back. Somewhat concerned, he rang her up. Her response? "Oh, I'm fine. As soon as I started writing down what was going on, the problem just went away."

This sort of thing works with all kinds of pain. I do it with headaches. I don't fight it. I embrace it. I take note of every nuance. Location, intensity, etc. Almost always it goes away in minutes.

A related technique is what I call, "don't fight it, amplify it". If I'm worrying about something, I say to myself, "really worry, how big can you make the worry, go ahead, totally blow it out of preportion."

The point to all this is not so much using the techniques I present. For instance, the thing I described above works with me because I tend to be a polarity responder. The point is to increade the flexiblitity with which you respond to any given stimulus, whether that be back pain, head ache, a freak out, or not being able to increase trade size. Even Jem's suggestion is an option. What he/she describes is simply a vehicle for pattern interuption.

OK, here is a huge chunk of info: if you want to produce a change in yourself, follow this outline. All change comes from this sequence.

1) Interupt your current pattern

2) Decide what you want instead

3) Take some action (being flexible in your approach)

4) Notice what you're getting and adjust action appropriately

Step 1 is key. It's difficult to make change if your brain is still running old patterns (beliefs).

#11     Jan 11, 2004
  2. jem

jem

By the way that messaged got all fouled up in the translation. It was perfectly written before I said submit reply.

The quote was

"You have to step up and pet the pony".

#12     Jan 11, 2004
  3. Thanx Bob. I'll start applying everything u mentioned. Can I pm u next time if I have a personally related question?

#13     Jan 14, 2004
  4. Coffee,

sent you a PM, glad to be of help

#14     Jan 14, 2004