BUND >> looking for a simple intraday system

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by forbiddendream, Jul 8, 2005.

1. rolex49

rolex49

A fella at our place had a go one day doing the stops technique with 5 lots in the bund, bobl and schatz and dropped 16 grand! (Max position he could of had if all the stops were filled was 20 lots)
    The problem is that chances are you will be stopped out before the figure is released in such a thin market. To be honest he was a bit of a doughnut and is no longer with us so don't take this at face value!!

#21     Aug 2, 2005
  2. rolex49

rolex49

Maybe you didn't put your orders in the right place....i'd go back and have a look at what you did that day. I prefer to follow what double chin is saying, at least he is trading real money you yellow belly chicken shit!

#22     Aug 2, 2005
  3. Sorry, I have no system, but I can give you an advice: Don't scalp, but learn and trade the fundamentals, and you will do OK in bunds.

#23     Aug 4, 2005
  4. What fundamentals should he use to scalp?

#24     Aug 4, 2005
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

lol when ever i get a big draw down i tell myself that if i can lose money this quick, i can make it back just as quick.

never seems to work like this though!

#25     Aug 4, 2005
  6. The reasons why bunds and other bonds move up or down. But you can't scalp as a fundamental trader, but has to be more long-term.

#26     Aug 4, 2005
  7. What fundamentals would you use to trade longer term? The return an investor get on Bunds compared to US 10years would seem to indicate the bund going down and 10 year up, right? THe opposite seems to be happening. Can you explain this?

#27     Aug 4, 2005
  8. rolex49

rolex49

I started on the bund and i have to say it's not for the faint-hearted! A few things to note would be these:

1. Starting on a fast, and lets be honest challenging, market like the bund , means if you want to trade other contract in the future you have a real advantage. Especially things like free-money eurostoxx!

2. You probably will make 90% of your money on 10% of the days traded. Fundamental news such as terrorism and ecb/fed comments should be whacked with as much size as you can manage and whatever you do don't scratch it because its much harder to buy/sell and stay in it once it has already moved. Give yourself a little bit of room (i.e 2 tick loss) with such a big upside potential. Also remember different people get the news at different times so don't expect the market to move immediately.

3. Try not to be out buying your lunch when the Yuan gets revalued!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Find the times of the day when you trade well and don't trade the shit inbetween

5. Listen to the experienced traders around you - if they are doing their backside then be cautious when trading. Better still save your bullets

Good luck grasshopper!

#28     Aug 4, 2005
  9. There are many factors: Inflation seems to creep back, oil going to the moon, the election, more upbeat economic news from Germany - just follow the news. Maybe we have seen the high for this year?

#29     Aug 4, 2005

10. You don't even talk a good game Rolex, let alone play one. God bless ya mate! :cool:

#30     Aug 4, 2005