Bund Futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by waitwhat?, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Anyone still trading Bund futures or is it just the algos anymore?

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

We have manual Bund traders. We can help you with a selection of platforms to accommodate you.

3. Thanks Matt I already have a platform

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

You welcome. I wish you well with your current arrangement, however in the future if your needs grow, we can offers many other platforms. Again, all the best!

5. There are plenty of point & click bund traders out there still. Here's an example:

6. Well someone must have heard me yesterday. Impressive downside in Bunds today. Draghis speech game changer maybe?

7. bone

bone

Bunds are tough to manually scalp in the traditional sense because the bid and offers trade out so damned fast. Like most electronic markets these days. But selectivity (choosing your spots carefully) and discipline go a long way. If you insist on buying bids and selling offers exclusively it might get tough for you.

8. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Somewhat lazy tonight, and bone is in the house so, What exchange and data feed must a retail IB customer use to transact a futures contract on the 2yr. Or 10yr. Bund?
    Seems an increasing Bund/treasury spread is likely as Euro and Euro economyis relatively stronger that US. So they say.
    Thanks.

9. bone

bone

What charting package package do you use ? In order to trade spreads you have to model spreads. Correctly.

10. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

I am not that sophisticated.
    I get price and/or yield data, look up or calculate the current DV01, calculate the ratio
    and then, leg in individually .
    As for charting , backtesting, I use Excel charting and VBA code for simple testing.
    I also subscribe to an indicator search/backtester to model,backtest and chart any price
    Series(vol neutral, dollar neutral) whatever Inputs I program in excel to import.
    For me a couple or few spreads and some spread combos of etfs is enough.
    I have found i cant follow many products with the time that I have.

#10     Jun 27, 2017