Bund/Bobl/Shatz Paper where are you?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jeremyaves, Sep 13, 2005.

1. iza

iza

The flipper is a trader who trades out of a swiss address and not only trades the bunds/bobl/shz but is very large in the bore. He has got hammered of late in the bore when the large funds needed to hedge their option s postions in size hitting the flippers size in full (cost him 3million euro this week alone). The flipper is small fry compaired to the size of hedge fund clips now days....

#11     Sep 16, 2005
  2. Please appreciate that my previous posts have been tongue in cheek. They have been posted on the back of a tough week.

When you are in the market all day at every level you do see some wierd stuff going on that may or may not be contrived. When you are up you laugh, when you are down you rant and rave!

Anyway, Market Profile has been a great help and joining the bid/offer as opposed to lifting and hitting in the morning has saved a few ticks.

I am still looking for a cleaner spread where I am not competing against autospreaders. The value is getting harder to find, any ideas?

Have a good weekend.

#12     Sep 16, 2005
  3. From LIFFE seminar materials by Sandy McKenzie:

Dead Spread: Live Hogs vs Pork Bellies
    Yellow Toyota: Gold vs Yen
    Beef Wellington: Live Cattle vs GBP

Seriously though, if there are exploitable inefficiencies the autospreaders will move in, it's only a question of time.

#13     Sep 16, 2005
  4. just21

just21

Why don't you get your own autospreader?

#14     Sep 16, 2005
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

why dont you just trade a different market?

simple.

i just dont get all these people bitching about the flipper. who said you MUST trade this stuff????

#15     Sep 16, 2005