BullShip Press Presents: 'PennyStocking': Six-Hour Instructional Trading DVD: $297

Discussion in 'Events' started by TimothySykes, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Uhhhh, why is it so difficult for you to understand that my core trading strategy involves trading liquid/volatile microcaps. CYGT was neither, I simply fell in love with their technology and potential. The DVD focuses on strategies that work, while also talking about stuff, like CYGT, that doesnt work. You just gotta understand CYGT throws off all my numbers--even though my core strategies still work fine. I know this is a lot for your tiny brain to take in, so I'll give you time. You'll come around once I get my personal accounts back up and running.

#281     Oct 18, 2007
  2. Look here Sykes, you worthless piece of shit: YOU are betting on tiny brains of newbies/suckers to buy your crap.

We all know that IF all your other trades were any good, then they would have covered that one single bad trade.

I agree, those who have tiny brains and buy that dvd will regret their decision.

#282     Oct 18, 2007
  3. Tim,
    If you follow through with this, I think it will shut some people up, assuming you are making money. Everyone, myself included, would like vendors to actually post statements and real-time trades and very few ever do. See trading zoo for an example.

I do like your new website and if your intentions are genuine and make money, I can see where you are going with this. Of course, be ready if your real-time calls do not work. Most people will be viewing these calls as a sample of your work and will use it to judge whether to buy the DVD or not.

Good luck.

#283     Oct 18, 2007
  4. EPrado

EPrado

What I dont get Tim, is you say on one hand you have great ideas, but lack the discipline/emotional control to trade and would rather teach and not trade.. Then you then say you are now trading your own money along side your "students" on these great ideas.

Which is it?

#284     Oct 18, 2007
  5. I have reviewed the author of the DVD "Timothy Sykes" and have made the assessment that the product is likely useless shit.

This was an honest opnion through over 600 posts on multiple threads.

Knowing the source of the shit gives one a great advantage in determining the potential quality of a product.

Take the Yugo for example.

#285     Oct 18, 2007
  6. I'll be making calls, trading and posting everything so you can see exactly that I know what to look for and yet my personal trading will be very far from perfect. Hopefully people will study my strategies and trades and learn to do better than me. But even with all my mistakes, I'll prove that my trading is profitable, which is better than the vast majority of other traders.

#286     Oct 18, 2007
  7. I've done a lot of talking, but haven't been setup to post/execute all my trades (even though the few trades/calls I've made have proven profitable--granted--it's a very small sample)--this will change in the very near future. Judge me based on my calls/strategies/potential for others to use them, nothing else.

#287     Oct 18, 2007
  8. Be sure to state % of portfolio funds allocated for each trade! For example, 5%(or other amount) of portfolio per trade.

#288     Oct 18, 2007
  9. I think he was quite accurate in his assessment.

Timothy, you paid your $500 or whatever to become a sponsor. Then you crap all over the forum, like paying Baron gave you the right to become a huckster, dump outside reviews all over the forum, call yourself a star, use false aliases (sory, don't believe your claims to the contrary), continuously draw attention to yourself like a 3 year old with a short attention span, relentlessly promote yourself whenever you can, and a bunch of other VERY annoying behaviours

Your reputation, posts, opinions, calls, and everything else have been ruined and trashed. You rank as one of the worst and most annoying web promoters I have ever seen. You make Ken Roberts look appealing.

And now you have the nerve to tell a bunch of traders/intelligent folks not to judge you except on your calls?

How about this? Get the hell out of ET and stop turning this into a cesspool. I wish I could call the right people to get this septic tank pumped out. I will bring the tar and feathers...

If you were president, your approval rating would make George Bush look like FDR's during the darkest hours of WW2.

#289     Oct 18, 2007
  10. Oh come on, you are smarter than that. I would actually believe that if his story wasn't full of holes and his rhetoric had any real integrity instead of sounding like a cheesy broken record reeking of cheap sales tactics. He may be lying to himself as well, to help the story, but in the end, it's all lies.

1) He is shutting down his "fund", which is mostly his own money, claiming that his strategy is not scalable. Basically, he gave up, because there is no pressure whatsoever from outside forces to shut down his "fund", as it's not a real hedge fund by any way, shape or form.

2) On the flipside, he claims that 1000s of people can make money on the same strategy that is not scalable. I mean, this is just a play on gullible & naive newbies, because it's obviously not possible for even a significant minority of them to get any proper executions or fills.

3) His personal accounts would have been open by now if he had any real motive to really do so. Instead he spends time deleting "factually innaccurate" reviews on Amazon and playing his broken record rationalizations on ET. It's obvious he has real incentive to do so, he will do it just as a cover to hold off criticism and try to sell more crap. It is clear that the guy will not risk any significant cash on his strategies.

4) His ultimate response to any valid criticism is "Buy my book and DVD to know facts". I find it pretty funny that expects people to fall for that. That just reeks of desperation. Then he turns around talking about "No BS" and how he is 100% open to criticism about his shortcomings, and then again flips back to "you must buy my book and DVD".

5) His "stock calls" are ambiguous, common of any snakeoil salesman. As expected and forecasted by certain ET members, he made some calls, only mentions the correct ones and claims that the wrong ones were never really calls, just "stocks to watch".

Really, what is so different about him from any other snakeoil salesman? Jim Cramer always talks about getting the viewers rich, educating them, how the Wall Street analysts are BS, the market is wrong, noone knows any better than him, cause he is the real deal, he cuts through the Wall Street BS and blah blah blah. All in spite of the money his newsletter followers lost during the tech meltdown and the lawsuits that followed. Let alone his completely random stock picks that have no track record, really a losing track record due to the pump & dump effect. Well there is a difference, Jim Cramer on rare occasion does share real insight, as controversial as it may be.

Watch, now Timmay will respond to this post with his standard broken record rhetoric of ambiguous rationalizations, requirements to "Buy his book and DVD to know the facts" and excuses of CYGT. I tried to hint some advice to him as I will not blame the guy of taking opportunity of the 15 min of fame he was granted. But there is an honorable way of doing and a sleazy way of doing it. Pretty obvious which way he chose.

#290     Oct 18, 2007