BullShip Press Presents: 'PennyStocking': Six-Hour Instructional Trading DVD: $297

Discussion in 'Events' started by TimothySykes, Oct 2, 2007.

1. And here is your overall review here on EliteTrader, where you cannot manipulate the results like on Amazon:

44% positive 56% negative (25 votes)

#261     Oct 16, 2007
  2. For the last time (probly not with you guys) but only the FACTUALLY INACCURATE REVIEWS WERE DELETED. Amazon doesn't have to delete anything, but if you're gonna post a negative review, don't contradict passages in the book!

And ET reviews, who cares--you idiots keep getting kicked off and signing back under new names, have fun with it. I'll stick to hundreds of letters/emails I've gotten in the past few days, the 200 + testimonials and now 55 full reviews from various websites.

And my last amazon review really is worthy of reposting so enjoy!

<b>I had very high expectations for this book due to its link on the cover to my two all time favorite stock trading books. I was not disappointed. This book really got me excited about stock trading all over again.
    Nicolas Darvas is my stock trading hero because he turned a few thousand dollars into $2.5 million in a few years learning from scratch. I actually believe that the author Timothy Sykes may have out done even this legend. Timothy started trading stocks in high school in 1999 he doubled his first $12,000 very quickly playing the smaller internet microcaps that had positive press releases. He grew his initial investment to $37,000, and went off for his freshmen year of college. By December of his freshmen year his account had grown to $120,000. He was now trading huge positions in OTC/BB stocks making $2,000-$3,000 a day on average. Timothy had a talent for technical trading, understanding patterns and the behavior of other traders. (He also was unaware that some of the trades he participated in may have been pump and dumps, boiler room operations, this reminds me of the insider trading Darvas sometimes stumbled into with out knowing it based on a stocks technicals).
    By his sophmore year he had a $500,000 trading account and transferred to another college. Timothy was there to seize the opportunity presented by the raging bull market of the 1999-2000, but by the fall of 2000 with his old system of trading not working, what did he do? Reminiscent of Jesse Livermore he began to trade short. Which finally lead to him becoming a millionaire after taxes before his 22nd birthday! Who can criticize this real life performance? Even though adjusted for inflation Darvas made more money in his final 18 months,and Jesse Livermore also achieved this early in his twenties. Timothy Sykes achieved it younger than Darvas and much quicker and unlike Livermore, kept it, and is still a millionaire today.
    Even with all this success, he was not satisfied. Timothy went on to form his own hedge fund. I learned a lot from this part of the book on the difficulty of raising capital and all the regulations limiting any ability to advertise, or even search for investors. In reading about his experience, I know now I will never attempt to start up a hedge fund which was a thought I was kicking around with my personal success and track record of investing and trading.
    I advise adding this book to your trading library, out of the 70 on stock trading I have read I put it at the top. It should inspire everyone as to what is possible in the stock market and the importance of grasping whatever opportunity you have in the market at the time you are playing it. I love to use examples like this book that inspire myself to continue in trading and become completely financially independent. </B>

#262     Oct 16, 2007
  3. Not too good review for Tim from his trading peers.....

#263     Oct 16, 2007
  4. REVIEWS ARE BY DEFINITION "OPINIONS", THEY CANNOT BE "FACTUALLY INACCURATE" YOU SLIMY, GREASY SNAKE OIL SALESMAN SYKES.

HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK WE ARE?? YOU INVENT THIS 'FACTUALLY INACCURATE" BULLSHIT TO MASK THE TRUTH, YOU DON'T WANT ANY BAD REVIEWS ON AMAZON.

#264     Oct 16, 2007
  5. Some of my haters--many of whom aren't the brightest tools in the shed--include statements that are contradicted in the book. I'd tell you what exactly they were, but you are one of these idiots so you're just gonna have to read the book to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Anyway, the comparisons to "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" and "How I Made $2 million..." greatly outnumber you so go ahead and whine

#265     Oct 16, 2007
    #266     Oct 16, 2007
  7. It is most likely written by you, so I am sure you think it is worth posting.

#267     Oct 16, 2007
  8. EPrado

EPrado

How is the book selling?

I saw it was ranked like #3590......surely that cant be very good. Maybe your promoting isnt working out as planned. I guess all those bloggers were off a bit eh?

I just ordered what I feel is a much much more interesting book....isnt even "officially" out yet but is ranked #273.......

http://www.amazon.com/Slash/dp/0061...0438306?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1192586001&sr=1-1

#268     Oct 16, 2007
  9. For the record, I've seen no evidence at all that Tim uses multiple aliases here. 'Timvodas' is VERY obviously someone else.

#269     Oct 16, 2007
  10. Rearden Metal, I am very interested in your overall opinion of snake oil sykes. You always tell it like it is, ands so maybe you'll share your summary thoughts here?

I say what he did up to 2 years ago was an accomplishment, but he has squandered all good will of his accomplishment behaving the way he has done recently. 3 incidents really through me over the top:

1) The way he embraced being thoroughly and completely humiliated by Page Six. Yes, it is the Post, but everyone does read it, and that type of bad publicity (that he says he precipitated) is something most of us would consider a nightmare. The grovelling, begging emails to attend the party were priceless.

2) The fact that he has asked amazon.com to delete the poor reviews, shows he's a manipulator.

3) This $299 dvd crap (saying he is trying to help others, but charging crazy $), and all of his aggravating spamming (regardless that he is a sponsor, there is etiquette for pimping wares) is quite irritating.

Love to hear your summary!

#270     Oct 17, 2007