Bulls: She Is Rolling Down Since Yesterday: Why Are You Still In?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 8, 2008.

1. As of yesterday around 11am I am short FSLR and ISRG. I see stocks like BIDU and GOOG following suit, but there is a limit to my capital. The market was due for a wide rally, and while we did get a small one the indices failed to move higher. It is my opinion that this does not bode well for the markets in the near future.

EDIT: As my position is in the money the market is proving me right so far.

#51     Apr 9, 2008
  2. The SP500 gained 4.2% last week. When you say "failed to move higher" what did you expect? Another 4.2% gain this week? How does the fact that the indices failed to move higher in a straight line without any retracement "not bode well for the future"?

If it gave back last week gains in a day or two that would not bode well. We'll see if that happens. Sideways action after a big up candle always bodes well.

#52     Apr 9, 2008
  3. mak... 1375....it seems to be your nemisis, along with day and stuck...get over it the mkt is not going higher any time soon

#53     Apr 9, 2008
  4. 1375 my nemesis? Yes, terrible. I am shaking.

What happened to you Frank? I only seem to see you respond your copy&paste BS to day and stock, where's the old Frank posting some insightful opinion and analysis?

#54     Apr 9, 2008
  5. how the bulls doing today? This is just another little spill of blood :D . It should not hurt them, until the sword comes out the other side.

#55     Apr 9, 2008
  6. Bulls: why we do not hear from you? You were so courageous yesterday and the day before. What happened to you? Where is all the courage and the green talk? After all she can reverse before the end of the day as you say, so just come here and champion/cheer her? Do not pray, just come out. :D

#56     Apr 9, 2008
  7. bh_prop

bh_prop

If you came into this month with a bearish bias you have had precisely zero profitable ticks to look at month to date. Shut up already with your bear cheerleading, or at least save it for a selloff worth talking about, which (thus far anyway) today clearly is not.

#57     Apr 9, 2008
  8. I really don't know what you are talking about. The "bulls" are up 9% in the last 20 days, as measured by the S&P 500. And we are at about the same levels as we were 3 months ago, so it's not clear at all who should be laughing and poking fun.

#58     Apr 9, 2008

9. shrug doesnt change anything, still bullish and expects another rally, the technical is fine. But if it breaks below 1340 (ma20 and ma50) convergence, then i am neutral. If it breaks below 1320, then i become a bear.

Has nothing to do with ego or magic ball predications, just go with the market.

#59     Apr 9, 2008
  10. There is a time to buy and a time to sell. I bought that bottom (and many here told me that I was crazy at that time; check out my history and my market calls). Since few days ago, I sold. And since Monday I went short. Today, I took some gains. If it moves up, I will still gain overall, if it goes down tomorrow I will make some more.

Just trading it. I do not think of my self as bull or bear. You can replace the above "bull" by being long, and "bear" by being short.

Do not take this too seriously. Losen up man! And remember it is not a profit until you take it.

#60     Apr 9, 2008