Bulls: She Is Rolling Down Since Yesterday: Why Are You Still In?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Your days of obliterating the charts are done and gone.

Either you join us and make money or get smoked out and beat up in a tizzy ball. According to Dan Zanger " Biggest money is made going long".

#41     Apr 8, 2008
  2. balda

balda

Just do not look on the chart from 1963-1983

#42     Apr 8, 2008
  3. really? Do you also believe that the maximum return on a short position is 100%? If you do, you are obsolutely wrong.

#43     Apr 8, 2008
  4. who is Dan Zanger? I did not recall seeing her name in Forbes. So she is nothing with respect to giving advice, or almost.

#44     Apr 8, 2008
  5. I can assure you there is NO SUCH THING as unlimited risk in trading or investing.

#45     Apr 8, 2008
  6. how about the max return on a short position? Could it be more than 100%? Now we will differentiate the chaffe from the wheat (this is not against you HolyGrail. I know some people here say that they trade and all of that, and I want to give a test to see who pass the bar).

#46     Apr 8, 2008
  7. I've never really thought about it. I can see how you can have a greater than 100% return with multiple entries, but I cannot fathom how you can have a greater than 100% return on one short entry and one exit. Enlighten me.

#47     Apr 9, 2008
  8. what you asked is the easiest part. If you short a $100 stock, you make 200% if it goes to zero. Reason: you only put $50 cash on the side. There are many tricks. I will just stop and say, they exist. But you are a thinker.

#48     Apr 9, 2008
  9. one counter to the current uptrend is the solid double bottom currently forming on vix.

#49     Apr 9, 2008
  10. day7793,,,you are not a hedge fund anything.......1375....1 week now...I have not gotten stopped out yet....huh? crazy bull market...must be in play accounts only

#50     Apr 9, 2008