Bulls or Bears

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Brandonf, Sep 4, 2005.

Bullish or Bearish?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2005.
  1. The market is going higher

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. The market is going lower.

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

How do the members of ET feel about the market right here?

1) They have their heads in the sand. Things are not that good and getting worse. It's only a matter of time before the market sells off hard.

2) The market has shown a lot of strength after the London attacks and now Katrina. It's singing like P. Diddy "Cant Nobody hold me down, I got to keep on moving" and its going to go higher.

2. Pabst

Pabst

I've been desperately searching for sentiment this weekend. On other boards it's mixed. However I see a glut of Doomesday posts.

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Me too..seems to be a tie here so far :(

4. Babak

Babak

All sentiment data is meh. We're in no man's land here after coming off high bullish sentiment in late July/early Aug.

Look at the PC ratio. Look at the AAII or the II ratios and also look at new high/new low, etc. They all pointed to an inflection point at that time. Now? The probability is once again in the middle.

btw you should have put in a third option like sideways or unknown.

5. I mean, if you think the recent destruction of important ports and oil equipment, and skyrocketing fuel costs for consumers, is short term bullish, then more power to ya :mad:

6. Pabst

Pabst

Babak, I disagree with you. If folks don't have a directional opinion they can simply ignore the poll.

7. The market is going higher?
    The market is going lower?
    ----------------------
    That's the question?...well depends upon the time frame doesn't it.

Shorter term over the next couple of weeks I would expect a pullback.

But after that I fully expect to see new recovery highs in the major indexes.

Fully based upon several sentiment measures.

Any more questions?

8. Pabst

Pabst

Short term I expect one more pop. Then a HARD break in December.

9. Pabst

Pabst

:)

10. Agreed

Maria
    :D :D :D

#10     Sep 4, 2005