Bulls only hope is the overnight jam up in futures

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Nov 20, 2007.

1. I have the young moron on ignore, but this is too good to pass up. 'For some reason, for no good reason'.

Yes, you know better than the market where it should be going, right?

Unreal.

#31     Nov 20, 2007
  2. Typical newbie trading. Buy momo stocks and believe they can only go up.

When they go down average down and convince self there will be a rebound - soon!

Market doesn't rebound and miffed trader realizes account gains won't be recouped for a while.

Then trader starts buying call options on said stocks thinking we can make $$$ back quicker - figuring the stocks have to rebound at some point in the next month.

Now that the calls are chalked up as losers - StckTrd3R buys more calls at a lower strike price.

The surest way to give back ALL the previous gains made and perhaps now be LOSING money.

All this when a good trader could have sold into strength and/or limited losses at the beginning of the pullback.

Still think corrections are a historical anomaly whose place is deserving for the rear view mirror? Still think AAPL/GOOG/BIDU/RIMM/AMZN/FXI HAVE to still go up - despite the market????

Well for now the bulls can hope there is a sliver of a silver lining in the Fed minutes, that shorts cover and rally has staying power.

But like I told you before, it takes time for said stocks to begin building new bases before further gains willl stick.

pS:p

#32     Nov 20, 2007
  3. There willbe one more chance to get out.....soon. He who takes it will be a genius.

#33     Nov 20, 2007
  4. Cruddy past month that is all. I'm adding some FXI and EWZ calls and just going to have to ride it out. I don't know where people got the impression that I'm quitting, but I'm not. Pissed off.

And we will go higher later.

reminds me of summer 2006 or Feb 27th.

#34     Nov 20, 2007
  5. Reminds me of summer 2002 :p

#35     Nov 20, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

12850 ever so close.

#36     Nov 20, 2007
  7. S2007S

S2007S

really, so i guess the DOW rallies to 15,000 after this drop, right?

#37     Nov 20, 2007