Bulls have the definitie edge over the next 6 months

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drukes1234, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Just curious . . .

Would you be so kind enough to explain your money management strategy given that you are looking for a 5% gain to sell your longs?

For example, if you buy a "dip" in the market, what would you DEFINE as a "dip" to get long on in regards to the SPX and what is your stop-loss given such an entry point?

#11     Dec 8, 2006
  2. Sure... I will buy any day the S&P is a full 1% below my cost basis of 141.03 on the SPY's. I will always have a hard stop at a level just in case something extraordinary happens but I will sell my position at a loss based on my sentiment indicators in the market... not a predetermined price level.

#12     Dec 8, 2006
  3. S2007S

S2007S

where do you see the s&p in 6 months??

#13     Dec 8, 2006
  4. I see it higher than where I bought... my goal is to take profit at 5% above my cost basis or just close out the position in 6 months, higher than where I bought.

I have no idea what price the market will be in 6 months... I just believe it will be higher than where it was when I bought a few days ago.

#14     Dec 11, 2006
  5. The crystal ball, my friend. The best trading tool ever !

#15     Dec 11, 2006
  6. Bears...... where art thou?

#16     Dec 14, 2006
  7. =) I can actually hear the bears squealing... there's still room on the bandwagon if you want

#17     Dec 14, 2006
  8. Doesn't sound very objective.

#18     Dec 14, 2006
  9. Objective in what sense?

#19     Dec 14, 2006
  10. TrendPro

TrendPro

Average down and wait 6 months.... sounds like a Plan :D

Just curios, what month contract are you taking your position in ?

What if the market takes off to new highs from here and doesn't look back ? In that case you won't get another chance to average in. Might be better to load up the boat now before it leaves the dock !

#20     Dec 14, 2006