Bulls are backed by Feds- who the hell backs you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Quark

Quark

Like so many other economic illiterates, your childlike faith in the power of government and the Fed simply illustrates your stunning ignorance.

#51     Apr 13, 2008
  2. Whats ignorance here? Did you not read the document posted above about Presidents Working Group on Financial Markets? Do you think US markets are free for all WWE wrestling matches? Feds and Treasury owns these markets and they rigged the game such that it cannot be destroyed by any forces be it internal or external.

Try lowering the SPX below 1270. It will stop there on the dime. Why? Its NOT faith, its a fact.

IF it was not clearly our Government interceptions several times, short sellers and bears would have marooned SPX down to 1000 levels and still had an upper hand while most of America would have suffered a dismal fate.

#52     Apr 13, 2008
  3. bellman

bellman

#53     Apr 13, 2008
  4. bellman

bellman

Don't be so obtuse. Of course they have never DIRECTLY bought the S and P futures, but open your eyes, sir.

#54     Apr 13, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

No, merely pointed out that I show my P&L big and small, good or bad on what I like to think of as the "put up or shut up" thread.

I can see why your confused though. Since just like HedgeRowTrimmerDeux, you don't post there either.

#55     Apr 13, 2008
  6. How about next time SPX gets down to 1270, you put everything you own, fully leveraged on the S&P futures. If you really have such fate in that level, and the gov't support of it, you wll be a very rich man. You better be right though.

#56     Apr 13, 2008
  7. exactly - to the point.

an excellent point.

:eek:

#57     Apr 13, 2008

8. I am 90% cash, I can't be very rich staying on the sidelines for the moment. It can change in a flash however.

SPX will stop at 1270 levels on a dime.

Its only 60 more points down and that it can lap in one big down day. Thats it. It ends right there and than Feds + Paulson shoot it back up, the game is rigged. Have you not seen that in the past 3 months?

#58     Apr 13, 2008
  9. Yes, I have seen it, and am totally sickened by it. At some point if it gets bad enough even the fed wont be able to keep up this prop job.

#59     Apr 13, 2008

10. Sickened you should be. You are on the wrong side of the market. You are making nothing compared to big gains I had since 3/17/2007- 4/8/2008.

How far down can you push the SPX this time before some kind of intervention takes place by Bernanke + Paulson commando units? Lets see your metal.

Have you not learnt anything in the last 3 months? What are you a full fledged goof ball?

#60     Apr 14, 2008