Bulls are backed by Feds- who the hell backs you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HedgefundTrader2, Apr 10, 2008.

1. 1

#31     Apr 12, 2008
  2. they buy the etf duh

#32     Apr 12, 2008
  3. bdon

bdon

Great Lesson. Too bad currently going long would be the definition of fighting the tape. In fact your 2012 posts are all about fighting the tape.

Thank you hedgie, you constantly remind me that there are dumber people than me trying to trade and you provide some good comic relief on rainy and cold saturday afternoon.

#33     Apr 12, 2008

4. They stepped in and cut the rates- thats a bigger shovel to bury short sellers in the dirt. They donot have to buy futures, but whats stopping them? You know the game is rigged to the upside donot you?

#34     Apr 12, 2008
  5. Hey HFT what is your trip dude?

Are you so into this game that you think you have to persuade the masses to give up their bearish bias (albeit temporal) so you might get more buyers and make a bit more quicker?

It doesn't work that way. Stocks are always going to go up AND down. If people capitalize on the way down or push it down further than you think - well your "prowess" will allow you to make more on the way up.

Give it a rest. Targeting and profiting from bearish phases will not go away. And if you have only been trading since March 2003 you think you throw darts at the market and make money any way.

It is nearing the end of this 5-year bull market period (likely after this next leg up) and then markets have to reset to be healthy. Until you realize this YOU are whacked. You are beating a dead issue to death. Convincing everyone to stay optimistic and always think in terms of a market that is going up is ridiculous.

Once we get through a healthy Bear Market (not this innocuous hiccup) the really powerful long gains you are used to will once again stack up!

The REAL question is Are you going to get washed in the tidal wave that inevitably will shock the world (absolute panic - run for the exits)?

Or will you be even more of a babbling fool drooling on himself?

Only time will tell. Live and learn. And yes, we have to deal with all this PPT, Fed jacked up crap - but oh well.:eek:

pS

#35     Apr 12, 2008
  6. I'm backed by my market neutral strategy that laughs at retards who try to time the market...

#36     Apr 12, 2008

7. There is not much left to short. These last 3 weeks gave some meat on the bones and the stocks moved above 50 day moving averages and you want to grab that piece of meat like a circling vulture- go right ahead.

The charts are destroyed, there is not much you would gain. You would be pushing $20- $30 stocks for 5 to 10 cents everyday and barely getting by. Investors will be gone and true hardcore apes and traders will be circle jerking each other to death.

#37     Apr 12, 2008

8. The game is rigged to the upside. Feds and Treasury will not
    let the markets slide to new lows. Its like a box we are at the upper end of the box's trading range, it goes down and will swing back up right away.

#38     Apr 12, 2008
  9. HFT: yeah I agree with you but why argue with all these daytraders - many of which I am sure made a killing on Friday?

Yes, the froth (for now) has been mostly wrung out and I expect the bottom to remain in place. Now we watch indexes move to new highs and hopefully further beyond that which we saw in the mid-Aug to early-Nov '07 timeframe.

Something more akin to the Aug '06 to Feb '07 timeframe.

But constantly asserting your view with knuckleheads is a losing proposition. They don't care but to make as many C-notes per day as the market will allow with "setups".

Don't fault them for pushing for the down moves!

paYen$e

:(

#39     Apr 12, 2008
  10. bdon

bdon

The one point you always forget and/or never respond to is that even if the S&P stands still at 1350-1400 during a recession, because of the feds actions, hasn't the decreased the value of your dollar still created a loss? Your net worth may still be $1mm, but if that $1mm can only buy you 80% of what it could five years ago haven't you really lost?

#40     Apr 12, 2008