Bulls and Bull Markets RULE The Plates!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bullz n Bearz, May 30, 2007.

1. Hi, just an observation for you all to ponder. Being in the markets some time now, I begin to realize how bulls are more prevalent than bears.. In every market their are bulls, but usually more than bears at first. Example: Opening bell at 9:30 am for Dow.. You will see lots of buying action.. Usually most the time! My point, people are more willing to buy, than short sell.. Thoughts?

2. But they do indeed sell fast since markets go down 3x faster.

3. Here is something else to realize: the "bulls" and the "bears" are actually the same traders who buy low and sell high. So, it's not like the bulls are taking the money from the bears or vise versa, but rather professionals taking money from amateurs.

4. ...and how are the pro's doing that?

5. As I said, they do it by buing low and selling high. I know, this sounds like a joke, but it isn't. Take today, for example. After the China's 6% overnight drop, it was perfectly natural for the "logical", "break-out", and "trend-following" traders to go short at the lows of the morning. And as it usually happens, the moment when things look desperate turned out to be a perfect "buy" opportunity. Now, at mid-afternoon, when all the shorts have been sqeezed and reversed, it looks exactly the opposite: the sky is clear, the "bulls" prevailed, and we have nowehere to go but up. This exact moment is a perfect sell opportunity. So, I would not be surprised to see a retest of today's lows by the end of today (or perhaps tomorrow).