Bullish On The Dollar

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Mish is always a great read but after striking a home run by going into treasuries fall 08 he pretty much missed the entire rebound in the stockmarket, commodities and the weakness of the dollar because 'it's all a headfake deflation is the name of the game..."

Hard to know what's going on and making money of of it.

He has been and remains to be bulish on gold though so no more badtalking on my part.:)

#11     Aug 12, 2009
  2. ...................................................................................

Corresponds with my previous posts....

Before ....$70 Trillion economy

Now .......$40 Trillion

Fed ........$12 Trillion + ??

Will leave $18 Trillion to price all....

Allows for lots of fabrication....
    Lots of debt erased....

ie ....how many $40,000 units will GM sell ? not many....

#12     Aug 12, 2009
  3. Faber has been telling people to buy stocks all around the world since january 2009 and before...

Buy BRICS, technology, industrial commodities excluding gold, oil...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUBp...om/user/misctrader&feature=player_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amcdIixYfOc

Seems logical to me he is looking for some hedging given the gains he is sitting on.

#13     Aug 12, 2009
  4. Probably the best blog I can think of for Macro Analysis. Together with Rosenberg's daily musings it's an unbeatable combo.

I wouldn't look to neither for tradable calls. Just some analytic underpinnings on what to make of the data that is out there.

#14     Aug 12, 2009

5. ...................................

Correction $28 Trillion.....

28/70's ......lots of fabrication room.....

#15     Aug 12, 2009
  6. #16     Aug 13, 2009
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

what about buying the pound?

#17     Aug 13, 2009
  8. #18     Aug 13, 2009
  9. England is doomed. It's a nation of bullshit banks, spoiled pensioners and diminishing North Sea oil. What a future.

I'll make a ridiculous forecast: In 20-30 years, England either joins the Amero (lol) or the Euro. And don't expect either North America or Europe to be fighting over her.

#19     Aug 13, 2009
  10. acepowerdrive

acepowerdrive Guest

hedge fund or mutual fund redemptions from stock to cash was the main reason for the fast spark spike in the USD. clients withdrawing funds.

everybody sold their mutual funds hedge funds closing down and went into cash for client withdrawals.

USD is like the safest currencies versus other currencies in preserving value versus other currencies since all currencies are pegged in some way.

all this talke about USD a flawed currency and farming by guys like jim rogers is just opinion, in reality the USD currently is still the currency of trade and foreign reserve until that status is taken it's all opinion. and if the USD were to lose foreign reserve status it won't be in like 10 years. which is a long time to wait.

#20     Aug 13, 2009